Thinking of doing Vicking

Kudos2Fly

We just got off an 11 day Panama Canal Cruise with Holland America. This was a different cruise for us. But we loved it a lot, plus it was a different type of "group". We have mainly sailed Carnival (10) , Royal Caribbean (3) and Celebrity (1). Mainly the caribbean.

But looking to do other trips. A couple we talk to hard done an Asia cruise with Vicking and had good report on them. Although we didn't talk long to them, it got us to thinking of seeing China/Asia by river boat.

But needed to know some points. One was "what" is really included. Also what is the deal on the internet. We are self employed so cutting communication for an 13-18 trip is not possible. When we did this 11 Panama Canal cruise we got the 150 package for 500mb of data, but unlimited use. So work well for us to check email and some "internet surfing".

We would be living from Florida, I have the ideal that airfare is also included in there price. Is this true.

Being we have been on Holland, Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. I'm 40 and hubby 62. How would we fit in with Viking River Cruises?

We just got off an 11 day Panama Canal Cruise with Holland America. This was a different cruise for us. But we loved it a lot, plus it was a different type of "group". We have mainly sailed Carnival (10) , Royal Caribbean (3) and Celebrity (1). Mainly the caribbean.

But looking to do other trips. A couple we talk to hard done an Asia cruise with Vicking and had good report on them. Although we didn't talk long to them, it got us to thinking of seeing China/Asia by river boat.

But needed to know some points. One was "what" is really included. Also what is the deal on the internet. We are self employed so cutting communication for an 13-18 trip is not possible. When we did this 11 Panama Canal cruise we got the 150 package for 500mb of data, but unlimited use. So work well for us to check email and some "internet surfing".

We would be living from Florida, I have the ideal that airfare is also included in there price. Is this true.

Being we have been on Holland, Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. I'm 40 and hubby 62. How would we fit in with Viking River Cruises?

You posted this on the Viking OCEANS cruise board, not the RIVER cruise board. There is a wealth of information on the Viking China River Cruise on the RIVER CRUISE board....all the river cruises are together on that board. We did the Viking River cruise to China last year and it was FANTASTIC! The trip includes a 5 night river cruise, and hotel nights in 3 cites (Beijing, Shanghai and Xian), plus it includes the air between all the cities in China. You can also book it with air to and from the U.S., but we booked our air separately. There was excellent Internet access in all of the hotels. There was also Internet access on the boat, but it was not as reliable. Email me for further information. My email address is below.

Yes there is a forum for river cruises but since you asked my response based on a Viking China land tour and river cruise last May would be:

1) Access to internet content is managed by the government. Email and web browsing could be censored or blocked with no notice. You can not be absolutely certain of access.

2) While hotel access was excellent, days tend to be very full unless you opt out of all evening activities. In my opinion, the night activities added much to the overall tour.

3) You would need to accommodate the difference in time zones.

4) Access while on the river portion of any tour is not at a level I would deem acceptable for someone trying to manage a business from overseas. Viking makes no promises about internet connections while on the Yangtze.