Amamara Journey May 14-21 - 2015 mini Review

mp8shnt

Our previous cruises have been on Regent, Silversea, NCL and AMA River Cruises. Several on each. I loved our recent Azamara Cruise May 14-21 on the Journey. I thought the food was great. I loved the room service for breakfast - 6 times (5 on the balcony) as well as for snacks after a long day ashore. I found the staff to be GREAT! Friendly, happy, efficient and engaged. I found the standard room to be just fine. At first I was worried due to the size of 175 square feet plus the 40+ square foot balcony - this was the smallest room I have been on for a Ocean Cruise. The next smallest was the Paul Gauguin in Tahiti and 200 with no Balcony. I found the room to feel roomy and it was very efficient. The bathroom was just fine and the balcony was excellent. We had 4 nights in the Specialty Dining Rooms. They were great - presentation, flavor, service. I think I would have been fine with the standard drink package but opted for the Ultimate. Did not want to have to worry about upcharges. Glad I did it - could have easily gotten by on the standard package. Wines were excellent. Found some whites and reds we liked from previous nights and they were available - all we needed to do was ask.

Would book Azamara again in a heartbeat.

Great Review!!

I have too sailed on the same lines and feel that Azamara delivers a fantastic product for the price.... Look forward to sailing on them again soon..

Thank you for posting a positive review. Azamara Journey was actually our very first sailing and we've not had the experiences on other lines, as so many others here on cruise critic. We have and will sail X, but mainly because of the itineraries and the perks but I always look at ACC first.

Thanks for this review! We are anxiously awaiting our first Azamara cruise next year, so it is especially good to know that you so enjoyed Azamara after the other high-end ocean and river cruise lines you have sailed. Our experience has been that a balcony makes a cabin feel larger, because the wall of windows gives you a vista.