Clothing

TravelLynn

Lynn,

We will be getting off the ship the day you are boarding, as we are doing the Venice to Barcelona segment. We've already done the Istanbul to Venice segment on the Star last April.

Weather averages for the area show temps in the high 50's to mid 60's but the weather has been so unpredictable, I like to be prepared for most anything.

I do plan for layers (I get cold easily), so in addition to long-sleeved and 3/4 length tops, I will bring a couple of sweaters. I will also pack my raincoat as not only will it provide an extra layer, but it has a hood in case of intermittent showers while touring.

We also take two small travel umbrellas in our string backpack if the weather looks threatening, and the complimentary water the ship provides on tours also goes in the bag. The ship does provide umbrellas for tours, but they are the large golf- syle and I feel those can be an annoyance to other passengers, so I prefer my smaller travel ones.

As for shoes, make sure you have comfortable, stable walking shoes. A lot of the sites you will be visiting have cobblestones and/or uneven pavement or gravel.

For dining on the ship, some people wear their day clothes to dinner, some prefer to spiff up a bit in the evening, especially in The Restaurant, Manfredi's and The Chef's Table.

Hope this helps.

Becki