New Oasis Menus - eastern itinerary

In this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2375673&highlight=oasis+menus, there is a set of new menus for Oasis which went into effect this past Summer. The menus (except Day 1 which isn't pictured) are numbered by day, but these were for western itinerary.

On other posts, Clarea linked to the RCI press kit which has a different menu altogether: http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter...d-press-kit/7/

We are going on eastern itinerary in March of this year, so I'm curious which set of menus will we actually have? Are they the menus from the thread I listed above, or were those only a limited trial run of a new menu?

If they are in fact the same menus, what is the order of the menus for Eastern Itinerary and does anyone have the Day 1 menu by any chance?

Thanks in advance!

... We are going on eastern itinerary in March of this year, so I'm curious which set of menus will we actually have? Are they the menus from the thread I listed above, or were those only a limited trial run of a new menu?...

Not a trial run, those menus from the thread you posted are used on Oasis now. However, I've not seen an order posted for the eastern itinerary.

Edited by clarea

We were on the OA last month but it was not Eastern. And it was only 5 nights. The menus were not the ones in the press kit.

There was a thread that I can't find now that did have to first night's menu listed but I don't know if that was Eastern or Western.

Edited by molly361

Thanks for posting the menus! We'll be on the Eastern in September. I gotta admit, I'm kindof disappointed that there are items you have to pay extra for on the menu now. Why am I in the main dining room if I have to pay up to $35 for an entree? I might as well go to a smaller restaurant.

I'm curious as to how the specialty restaurants charge. I'm too far out to be able to book anything, so I can't see prices. Is it still one flat fee, or do you pay a la carte now?

Our last cruise was March 2015 on the Quantum...not that long ago. None of the complimentary restaurants had additional items you could pay for, and all the special restaurants were a flat fee.

I gotta say, as a cruiser since 1992...I'm not loving all the changes the cruise industry has been making over the years. We fell in love with cruising on our very first cruise...but have been slowly falling out of love with it over the last few years. :(

T... I'm curious as to how the specialty restaurants charge. I'm too far out to be able to book anything, so I can't see prices. Is it still one flat fee, or do you pay a la carte now?...

Some are flat fee, some are a la carte, and some are both.

I compared the menus from the 7 day eastern run on 12/11/16 to the "new" menus shortly after they were released, and the 12/11/16 menus are different - there are fewer options, actually. I wonder if that's because several of the menus were for the Suite In-Room Dining (although the menus should be the same), or if Oasis eliminated some of the choices. There were some entrees (that at least *sounded* good) which aren't on there anymore

From the eastern 7 day run December 11, 2016.

https://mjcwebdesign.com/photos/index.php?/category/55 Day 7 had a special holiday menu, but I was also left a normal one that I got a picture of.

Sent from a mobile device

I compared the menus from the 7 day eastern run on 12/11/16 to the "new" menus shortly after they were released, and the 12/11/16 menus are different - there are fewer options, actually. I wonder if that's because several of the menus were for the Suite In-Room Dining (although the menus should be the same), or if Oasis eliminated some of the choices. There were some entrees (that at least *sounded* good) which aren't on there anymore

I'm about 90% sure that the ones provided in the room were the same as the ones in the dining room.

Going to double check my pictures when I get the chance.

The biggest disappointment has been the removal of the Local Influence section when the new menus were first being tested. Just something I wish had the opportunity to try.

They have been tweaking that "new" menu since last July. I don't remember everything on the new menus but I know on the 12/18 sailing prime rib was offered twice. This was the 5 day cruise.

I guess the first ones out had too many offerings;)

They have been tweaking that "new" menu since last July. I don't remember everything on the new menus but I know on the 12/18 sailing prime rib was offered twice. This was the 5 day cruise.

I guess the first ones out had too many offerings;)

Glad to hear the prime rib is back. Hope that's the case on BR and RH.

From the eastern 7 day run December 11, 2016.

https://mjcwebdesign.com/photos/index.php?/category/55 Day 7 had a special holiday menu, but I was also left a normal one that I got a picture of.

A major downgrade in the menu. I will be sailing on the Allure for four weeks starting on 2/19. Hope that the old menus are still in place.:mad: