Sewage smell on Grandeur?

ferm01

A majority of the posts had people discussing the odiferous aromas in decks 2-4, mostly in the corridors. I'm on deck 2, therefore I'm a little concerned. I have not seen any recent posts on the subject, so either people got tired of writing and nothing getting done, or RCI fixed it. :confused:

I doesn't really matter where you are on the ship. At times you may suddenly get a whiff of a sewer odor, but it's over almost as soon as you notice it. It isn't peculiar to any ship or location on the ship - it just might be in a public restroom, your cabin bathroom or along a hallway. What matters is that it is extremely fleeting. It'll be gone before you are fully aware it's there. don't be looking for it and it won't affect you cruise:D

Hi

Just got off Mairner and noticed sewer odor in our cabin. Have been on nearly 30 cruises never before on RCl and never had this experience. Called and reported it today. Whatever good that will do. We were on deck 6 forward port.

good luck

Sue

After reading some old posts (Feb 2005) about bad intermittent odors on the Grandeur, I was wondering if any recent cruisers can recall if this is still a problem. :(

Just off the GOS this Sunday. Noticed a slight sewage odor on port days on the exterior deck 5 Centrum area. Also noticed cooking odors in around our cabin which was a (JS) #7150.

Just of the Grandeur too. I have a very sensitive sense of smell, and there was nothing overwhelming. Once or twice there was a salty/sewage smell around the public bathrooms on Deck 4, and faint smell when we were in port (but the ports/docks seem to smell on their own outside of the ship!) We were on Deck 4 in 4066 - about 6 rooms down the hall and did not smell *anything* in our room. I wouldn't worry about it at all. :)

We had an awesome cruise. I'm sure you will have a great time!!

YES! We were on the Grandeur for a 9-night sailing in late September and the sewer smell as awful on our deck - deck 2.

I have a sensitive nose - so I was the one walking around while pinching my nose closed!

Still had a great time - but it was a bit annoying.

Voyager '00

Enchantment '01

Adventure '02

Voyager '03

Legend '04

Grandeur '05

Does anyone know what it's from? Not just this particular ship, but in general. On our first cruise we noticed this a few times walking down the hall to our room, but thought nothing of it... just assumed it was someone trying a new food and not, um, spraying. :eek:

Are there usually problems with the sewer "backing up", or something like that, or is it usually a local problem (ie, new food)? :)

cruise182, LOL! That's what I had figured... just the everyday "life smells". It seems that some of the complaints that have been brought up on the board are more than that, perhaps a plumbing problem? I dunno. I'm mostly curious (but not too curious)!!

cruise182, LOL! That's what I had figured... just the everyday "life smells". It seems that some of the complaints that have been brought up on the board are more than that, perhaps a plumbing problem? I dunno. I'm mostly curious (but not too curious)!!

Glad you saw the humor!! :p

Thanks for all of the reply's, sounds like it won't be an ever present problem. I had fleeting smells like this on the Galaxy, however they were gone as soon as I noticed them. That doesn't bother me, and I'm sure we will have a great time. How could we not woth both kids at home with the grandparents! :D

Archived