Anaheim Hotel

CassCruise

We are travelling from Down Under in Nov and will be sailing on the Diamond - prior we will spend 7 nights at Anaheim - prime purpose take out littlies to Disneyland - could anyone suggest a good hotel walking distance to Disneyland???

On our return we have 3 nights ??? where were thinking about staying somewhere within walking distance of universal studios - again any suggestions or alternate ideas would be appreciated

Does anyone know the name of good and reliable shuttle company ?

Thanks

Jane

My two favorite moderately priced hotels within walking distance of Disneyland are the Candy Cane Inn (around $80 which is a 7 minute walk, offers a free shuttle and a free complete breakfast) and the Best Western Park Place Inn which is the closest hotel, directly across the street (also offers a breakfast). The Candy Cane Inn is cuter, but the Park Place is closer with somewhat larger rooms. Super Shuttle is one of the main services from the local airports. Depending on what airport you are using, you might also consider a cab. From LAX you would probably need a shuttle, from Orange County you could take a cab or shuttle.

I'm a big Disney fan and have had annual passports for years now. There are so many hotels surrounding the Disney area, it is hard to recommend just one or two. Disney has 3 property hotels, all are very nice. The Grand Californian is right near the entrance to Disneyland and has it's own private entrance to California Adventure. Disneyland Hotel is just a short walk through Downtown Disney to either of the parks. Paradise Pier is a little longer distance, but they have trams from the hotel to the entrance gates of the park. These hotels are, of course, a little pricier than the many motels in the area. I have stayed at all three and would stay in any one of them again.

Check Expedia for all hotels and motels in the area (there are tons) try to stay as close to the parks as possible, there are some seedy areas in Anaheim. Just about all the motels and hotels in the area have their own shuttles, or there are trolley type shuttles that you can pay for by the day. I would re-think walking to and from your hotel, after all day on your feet at the parks, you will be tired and grouchy. I would also not recommend trying to get the cheapest you can find, there are some places you would not want your kids exposed to.

Many of the hotels have info regarding day trips over to Knotts Berry Farm and to the beaches. Or, you may want to rent a car for the day and do a little exploring. The traffic can be brutal in the area so take that into account over the cost savings.

I can't give you any info on Universal Studios, I have never been there! You may want to just go there for a day, and spend your time closer to the ocean. Or, I would even recommend not going there at all and instead go to San Diego. There is Sea World, the Zoo, Balboa Park, many fun places for a family. I also love to go out to Palm Springs for a couple days, the kids may not like that as much, though.

You are choosing a great time to come to the area, provided you are not here Thanksgiving Day, or the weekend after. (November 25-28) During that time, Disneyland is very crowded and hotel prices are high. Our weather that time of year is typically very good.

For shuttle service, there is always supershuttle.com or expressshuttle.com. I prefer to take a private shuttle [url="http://www.agtcorp.com"]www.agtcorp.com[/url] so we don't have to share a shuttle, they are only a few $$ more.

I would love to visit Australia, it is on my wish list.

Have a fun trip!

Kathy

Archived