Any cruisers out there that can compare the Carnival Vista to the MSC Seaside?

nireg

Would love your insights??? Thx, specifically balcony cabins, extra costs once on ship to do things?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually taking Horizon in October but was considering switching. I don’t think many have been on Horizon yet so thought I’d use the Vista. Many thanks!

Would love your insights??? Thx, specifically balcony cabins, extra costs once on ship to do things?

I've done them both with 8 and 10 year old daughters. The Vista is great but the Seaside blows it away. I just got off the Seaside today. Our balcony cabin was fine. Very nice and clean. Storage could have been better but we pack heavy for four. They both have charges for activities like the Imax and Thrill theatre and the zipline ($5) and 5D theatre. Food was way way better on seaside. Guests are better on seaside, no loud trashy drunks on the Seaside. The extra costs for specialty dining and things is a bit higher on the Seaside. It won't make or break your cruise though. You have to choose if you want to sail with people from all over the world or your typical Carnival cruisers. The Seaside is just a better ship with better and classier everything.

I've done them both with 8 and 10 year old daughters. The Vista is great but the Seaside blows it away. I just got off the Seaside today. Our balcony cabin was fine. Very nice and clean. Storage could have been better but we pack heavy for four. They both have charges for activities like the Imax and Thrill theatre and the zipline ($5) and 5D theatre. Food was way way better on seaside. Guests are better on seaside, no loud trashy drunks on the Seaside. The extra costs for specialty dining and things is a bit higher on the Seaside. It won't make or break your cruise though. You have to choose if you want to sail with people from all over the world or your typical Carnival cruisers. The Seaside is just a better ship with better and classier everything.

Thank you for the info! Great information to share!

Cruised Vista last year and will be on Seaside next week, will let you know. We are generally not huge fans of Carnival but we did enjoy the Vista. We have never cruised MSC.

Thank you! Enjoy and looking forward to your feedback!

We leave Saturday, will respond when we return. Have to say we enjoyed the pool in the back of the ship, entertainment and assortment of food was great. It was a very enjoyable experience. We have sailed RCL - Adventure, Oasis, Allure and Anthem. NCL -Jewel, Epic and Breakaway. Holland America Oosterdam. Princess - Royal, Crown, Emerald, Caribbean Princess 3 times and Carnival Dream and Vista and Vista was pretty high in the ratings. We are looking forward to trying MSC. Never had a bad cruise

• 2 weeks later...

So, just returned from the Seaside and the winner is...

Entertainment - this was far superior to any other cruise line entertainment. We booked the show at 8:00 every night and attended EVERY show at 8:00 and they were all superb, much better than any of the cruise lines we have attended. The shows were about 35 minutes long and all were EXCELLENT

Food - Vista had many more choices, but the choices on the Seaside were good. We purchased the Trio package which was good, the best being Ocean Cay, then the Asian food experience and lastly Butcher's Cut. However, the best meal we had was the French restaurant which was $15 and was superb. The onion soup, significantly different from the dining room onion soup, which I would be fine never having again, the onion soup in the French Bistro was definitely worth having again. There were many more choices on the Vista, all were good, but at the end of the day not necessary as the food on the Seaside was good. How much can one eat in 1 wk on a ship.

Pools - The aft pool on the Vista was great, had umbrellas, jacuzzi and food nearby and was superb, the pool on 16 - Miami Beach pool on Vista wasn't as nice but was fine.

Rooms - we only do inside cabins, have done balconies in the past and just didn't use the balcony enough to justify the cost, but if balcony is your thing - I think (think not know) you would be ok. Would have to check with others who may have more knowledge.

Extra costs - this area was a bit confusing as we had the Fantastica experience and figuring out what brand of alcohol was ok in which bar was a challenge, but when 12 drinks are included in the charge, which was still less than what we paid on Vista - a good thing no matter how you look at it, whether you get specialty water, coffee or drink it is an added perk

Staff and Captain - amazing on the Seaside - best cruise director we have ever had and Captain was friendly and visible often. Not usually impressed by such things, but when they circulated on the ship and always greeted you...it was nice.

Prior to this cruise, I really enjoyed the Vista, but after being on the Seaside...would take the Seaside...why because we enjoyed the entertainment, without realizing how much we could enjoy the entertainment...food was satifactory...passengers were always friendly and respectful...somewhat loud and not respectful on Carnival, which was the biggest criticism we had of Carnival. Staff was EXCEPTIONAL - never had a negative experience there. If these things aren't big for you, I think you would enjoy Carnival as we did, but when comparing the two...like the Seaside much better

So, just returned from the Seaside and the winner is...

Entertainment - this was far superior to any other cruise line entertainment. We booked the show at 8:00 every night and attended EVERY show at 8:00 and they were all superb, much better than any of the cruise lines we have attended. The shows were about 35 minutes long and all were EXCELLENT

Food - Vista had many more choices, but the choices on the Seaside were good. We purchased the Trio package which was good, the best being Ocean Cay, then the Asian food experience and lastly Butcher's Cut. However, the best meal we had was the French restaurant which was $15 and was superb. The onion soup, significantly different from the dining room onion soup, which I would be fine never having again, the onion soup in the French Bistro was definitely worth having again. There were many more choices on the Vista, all were good, but at the end of the day not necessary as the food on the Seaside was good. How much can one eat in 1 wk on a ship.

Pools - The aft pool on the Vista was great, had umbrellas, jacuzzi and food nearby and was superb, the pool on 16 - Miami Beach pool on Vista wasn't as nice but was fine.

Rooms - we only do inside cabins, have done balconies in the past and just didn't use the balcony enough to justify the cost, but if balcony is your thing - I think (think not know) you would be ok. Would have to check with others who may have more knowledge.

Extra costs - this area was a bit confusing as we had the Fantastica experience and figuring out what brand of alcohol was ok in which bar was a challenge, but when 12 drinks are included in the charge, which was still less than what we paid on Vista - a good thing no matter how you look at it, whether you get specialty water, coffee or drink it is an added perk

Staff and Captain - amazing on the Seaside - best cruise director we have ever had and Captain was friendly and visible often. Not usually impressed by such things, but when they circulated on the ship and always greeted you...it was nice.

Prior to this cruise, I really enjoyed the Vista, but after being on the Seaside...would take the Seaside...why because we enjoyed the entertainment, without realizing how much we could enjoy the entertainment...food was satifactory...passengers were always friendly and respectful...somewhat loud and not respectful on Carnival, which was the biggest criticism we had of Carnival. Staff was EXCEPTIONAL - never had a negative experience there. If these things aren't big for you, I think you would enjoy Carnival as we did, but when comparing the two...like the Seaside much better

Thanks very much for this review! Glad you enjoyed it so much!