Best Western -Galveston

Ev

A couple of months ago, I stayed at the Holiday Inn On The Beach. (Not to be mistaken by another Holiday Inn property on the island). Paid about $125, and got free parking, as well as R/T transportation to the port.

Was able to walk to Salsa's for dinner....yummy!

I'd do it again without hesitation.

When we cruised the 12 nighter on the Galaxy in November '04 we stayed at the Harbor House at Pier 21. The hotel gets mixed reviews on hotel booking sites that post them, but we liked it. They have a web site that you can check out yourself. It's near the strand and in the midst of several good restaurants. Here is the layout in regard to the piers so you can just see what's what...

Galaxy Pier Pier used by A building housing The Harbor House

Princess & 2 restaurants at pier 21

Carnaval

We had great weather the day we left and the day we got back and we had one roll bag each and so we walked from the hotel to the ship and vice versa. We aren't youngsters but we had no problem. And the traffic was very bad due to all the activity at both piers so we were glad not to be in all that!

We booked directly with the hotel months before the cruise. They had an AARP rate, and they did (and still do) charge for parking. $8 for the night you stay and $20 for your cruise duration, be it 5 or - in our case - 12 days. So our total bill was $130 something which we thought was a good deal overall. No shuttles or cabs and the delays involved with both. And I think all 42 of their rooms have a water view.

Also, it's my understanding that if you are able to book far enough in advance, they have a few rooms on their web-site that go for around $80. After that, you can probably find a better deal on one of the hotel booking websites rather than directly with them. I booked a room for our daughter for her Conquest cruise in February and a site or two said 'no vacancy' untill I got to T_________y (not my favorite booking site!!) Since their rate was $25 cheaper than going through the hotel itself I closed my eyes, said a prayer, and booked through them.

Good luck. You'll enjoy your cruise.

I tried to space out the pier layout and it didn't work. It looked fine untill I hit submit and then it all ran together!!

So, it's like this..left to right

the pier used by Galaxy, the (one) pier used by both Princess and Carnival, a building with 2 nice restaurants and, next to it, the Harbor House.

Archived