Panama Canal Transit

40cub

My husband and I are considering taking the Panama Canal cruise in December. We would love to have some feedback on the qualilty of the trip as well as recommended sights at the various ports. Our previous experience on Windstar was the Spirit's cruise from Istanbul to Athens and we loved it, so we're just trying to decide what we might enjoy next.

Going through the Panama Canal in a Windstar ship is so much better than on one of the floating cities. I've done it both ways and Windstar is the way to go. The Panama Canal is a "must see"

I posted a review of our trip this past November which included a Panama Canal transit. It's at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=265565

Wade through it all, near the bottom I cover the canal. I was writing it for those that have never sailed Windstar.

If the cruise you are considering is the Barbados to Costa Rica, I can give you some idea of the other ports of call, but most of the Panama Canal transits are for the Costa Rica itineraries. The only port we were in Costa Rica was Marenco/Drakes Bay. There is a posting about that port on this board.

Jackie

Archived