Leave your books please

I left all my Star, Enquirer magazines. Staff like the magazines because this is where they learn a lot of their english.

As far as the Library goes...they dont miss much.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

I take my hardcover books and "return" them to my neighborhood library. I figure they can always use extra copies of current hardcover books and if they don't need to put them into circulation, they have frequent book sales. I used to save my hardcover books, but all I succeeded in doing was filling my bookshelves, I never reread them. Now, I use my bookshelves for my collectibles and get rid of my books right after I read them.

On vacation, I usually leave the books in a common room. But, the idea of leaving the books in my cabin never occured to me. The next time I cruise, I will leave them in the room for the cabin steward to do with as s/he pleases.

What an excellent idea. I am an avid reader and generally have 3 or 4 books with me that I'd rather not carry back.

Diane

Explorer of the Sea 12/5/04

Legend of the Sea 9/12/04

Voyager of the Sea 8/24/03

Sovereign of the Sea 07/01

Thank you for sharing this excellent idea. I travel 100% for my job and go through 2-3 paperback books per week. I used to leave them in the hotel room, but found out that almost all hotels require the staff to throw away everything -- they are not allowed to keep anything left behind -- to deter theft I guess. So I usually leave my books in the common rooms or at the airport. They are usually gone in minutes. I think the ship's crew is just (or more) deserving. I will try this next time.

Archived