Caribe Hilton Executive Lounge

MarkMichaels

I'm not sure that they have an 'Executive Level', but our HH card got us a very nice continental breakfast each morning and a manager's reception each evening. Appetizers, fruit, soda, water and wine -- no hard liquor.

The hotel was fabulous!!!

One of the nicest resorts we've ever visited in the Caribbean!

I'm not certain that this link will still work for non-subscribers, but try this link for some pictures.

_____

We must sail, sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but we must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor. Oliver Wendell Holmes

bbiggar;

So are you saying that there is an 'executive level' lounge in addition to the 'HHonors' lounge, and that the executive lounge offers complimentary cocktails?

If so, how does one gain access to the executive level?

Thanks;

Gary

(HHonors Silver)

_____

We must sail, sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but we must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor. Oliver Wendell Holmes

[This message was edited by gtaylor on 04-28-04 at 02:35 AM.]

gtaylor,

When I was looking to book, there was a regular, deluxe, and executive rate. The Executive said it was for rooms on the 7th-9th floor I believe with access to the executive lounge. Executive rooms looked to be about $30 more per night than regular rooms.

I haven't stayed in one, so I'm still fuzzy as to wether or not its a separate lounge from the Honors lounge.

Mark

It's what Mark just said, certain floors have a keycard access to the exec. lounge. I don't know if it's the same as the hhonors lounge, but I did see a desk where have a check in hhonors desk in that same lounge.

MarkMichaels;

Well, inquiring minds want to know.

I've dug into this a bit more, and I'm now convinced that there are two seperate lounges.

I was concerned about your statement that the executive floors were 7 - 9, as we stayed on 8 and 9 last Spring, and it definitely wasn't Executive. I've discovered a reference to a 'Diamond HHonors lounge' on the 9th floor. That definitely wasn't located on OUR 9th floor. But we stayed in the tower, and I've deduced that the executive levels are in the more oceanfront non-tower part of the hotel.

My Caribe Hilton brochure mentions 97 Executive Floor rooms, and the tower has 13 rooms per floor, at least where we stayed. Didn't seeem to map out.

I also found this description: With a room on the Executive Floor at Caribe Hilton, you can be certain that staying away from home on business can be a relaxing and pleasurable experience. With added in-room amenities to suit the need of every business traveler these rooms really feel like more than a home away from home! The private Executive Lounge provides continental breakfast, private check-in and checkout, magazines, newspapers and refreshments throughout the day and evening. Offering the perfect ambience for reading, meeting or simply relaxing.

Our experience with the HHonors lounge (located on the second level, just above the lobby) offered a simple continental breakfast, private check-in/out, with magazines and newspapers, but only offered my above described evening manager's reception with appetizers (hot and cold), sodas, juice, water and wine. No beer or mixed drinks. The area contained maybe 10 or so tables.

Maybe bbiggar could tell us more about the cocktails.

Gary

_____

On the 9th floor is the exec. lounge. Not possitive what the check in desk was then I guess. We didn't use it, didn't know about it when we booked the exec. level room.

The drinks were make your own mixers, can't remember what types of liquor, but know they had a nice selection as well as wines. After dinner liquers were top shelf brands to sip, these were later when they served desserts.

bbiggar;

Thanks for the info. I think we'll plan for the Executive rooms next visit.

_____

The other day we decided to use Hotwire.com and got the Carib Hilton for $55 under thier advance purchase price on the Hilton site.

I'm sure this is only a reg. room, but has anyone ever requested an upgrade to conciere level when checking in? We would be willing to pay the difference if it isn't to much.

Archived