Post Cruise

HeidiGirl

we went to the airport and checked our luggage and then took a cab back to old SJ to see the forts and do some shopping. We were off the boat at 9:30am and the backs were checked and we were in a cab by 10:45. Our flight was at 3m so that gave us 3 hours to explore.

Destiny 5/9/04

PRIDE 5/02

Celebration 4/98

Inspiration 5/00

I called American Airlines (who we're flying) and they told me that I can only check our bags up to 3 hours prior to my flight time. I wondering what to do as well. Our flight isn't until 3:45 though I may try and fly standby on the 10:50 am flight if possible.

I did get an e mail back from the Intercontinental about day rooms, but it wasn't too promising. They will let you know that day only if a room is available and the price is $139 plus 20% tax and resort fee the manager said.

Any other ideas?

On another thread this question was asked and 1 person suggested renting a car, then you can explore the island and keep lugage in trunk. Another person said you can talk to a desk at the pier and they will keep your lugage there.

Good luck!

Festivale 96

Fasination 98

Inspiration 2000

Maasdam 2002

Majesty of the Seas 2003

Adventure of the Seas 2005

There were business establishments that promoted that they would check your bags while you shopped or explored Old San Juan. I seem to recall that a reputable jewelry store offered this service. Sorry, but I can not remember the name, but they were one of RCI's featured stores. Good Luck.

Another thing you may try is going to the Wyndham Old San Juan and asking a bell cap to check your bags. They don't necessarily need to know that you are not checking in later.

Mike

I just looked up shore excursions for San Juan and they have two excursions for people who have a late afternoon flight. The first one is "San Juan City & Bacardi Distillery" which takes you to the distillery, a ride through OSJ & the Condado District, and then drops you off for shopping or returns you to the ship. Aprox. 3 1/2 -4 hours.

The second one is "Airport Getaway & Museum" which takes you sightseeing through OSJ, then to what I think is an art museum, shopping, and then to a hotel where you can enjoy the facilities. Shuttle buses will leave from the hotel every hour to take you to the airport. Aprox. 6 hours.

These sound pretty good but as there are 7 people in my party (one a 1 year old, and 2 are in their 70's)I am wondering if the touring would be too much for them. Would rather just skip it and go use the hotel facilities all day. But if anyone could comment on these two excursions I'd appreciate it, especially if you have been on them in the past. Thanks!

We've done the city tour after a cruise. We saw the tourist sites as well as the different areas of San Juan. It was very interesting, and a great way to spend the day. However, it did make for a really long day.

Cher

Archived