Fantasy Class Category 11 Cabins

Curt Jerome Wild

Hey all!

Questions have been asked/embedded in other posts about this cabin category in other posts, so I thought I'd start a thread on it's own to answer the questions.

Fantasy Class Category 11 Cabins are the demi-suite balcony rooms on the Verandah deck on (in alphabetical order)

Ecstasy, Elation, Fantasy, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Paradise, and Sensation.

Note that they are a demi-suite (or mini-suite) not a full suite, so they are about the equivalent size of the balcony rooms on the bigger ships.

I have stayed in both Category 11 and Category 12 on this class, and I must say that I am a bigger fan of the 11, for my own personal preferences. If I were to sail on this ship class again, I'd book the 11 and not the 12.

Balconies are small in comparison to the new ships, big enough for two chairs and a table, or one full size deck chair lounger. But, it has the best views on the ship. (Just don't book the obstructed views V23, V25, V27, V34, V38, or V42. Great if you get a free upgrade, but otherwise don't).

It also the one location on the ship with the fewest cabins, so unless you have the bad luck of rowdy neighbors, very quiet and very little traffic.

Also a great location to all activities.

Here are some pictures below (mine with a lot of pics and angles)

And some from other people who got shots I didnt' get.

Fantasy Class Category 11 Demi-Suite and various balcony views

http://community.webshots.com/user/curtjeromewild

Verandah Balcony Door

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/1159098574044717972rkoNas

Verandah Balcony Deck Chair

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/1159098730044717972CElVEb

Category 11 Room (Fantasy Class)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/1159099257044717972waDizU

If you're worried about the rocking, it wasn't much worse, than other areas of the ship. And you are right there with an ocean breeze, and a horizon to look at. My finace gets carsick, and we both took Bonine starting the day before the cruise, and she never had a problem at all. In fact she said she had the best sleep ever, because the boat gently rocked her to sleep each night.:)

Now, some people have had great experiences in this Category, and some haven't, mostly because their expectations were unrealistic for what this cabin type is and isn't. :confused: This is for people to see and know what they're getting, so that you can take full advantage of the benefits, and get off and running on a great vacation. Your vacation is what you make it, if you choose to have fun you will.

Hope this helps people!

Ask any specific questions, or feel free to add.

Curt Jerome Wild

PS Don't forget to take advantage of your Skipper's Club, skip the long line and get on ahead of everybody else!:D

Thanks! I had been waiting for your post. Nice pictures. We will be on the Elation in V4 and V6 this Mar. 25th. Until now we have only had Cat 6d cabins so this is an improvement. We received our complimentary upgrades just yesterday. Thanks again!

...to bring:

#1 Bungee cords to hold open the balcony door (just remember to close it when you leave the cabin).

#2 A couple of new or old favorite movies on VCR tape (there's a VCR in the rooms, not a DVD). Even if you don't use it, have the option.

On one cruise we were just exhausted, and wanted to lounge in the room and watch a movie (with the balcony open and sea breeze of course).

On another, after the shows some new friends joined us in the cabin, we ordered yummy room service, and watched a movie.

#3 Room service coffee to enjoy on the balcony in the mornings.

And cocktails to enjoy on the balcony before dinner, watching the sunset, late at night, etc...;)

#4 Please remember to take pictures to share afterwards. I never took any pictures inside of the actual balcony on my Category 12 suite for some reason. And I'd love to see what the view difference is from V4 and V6 (you're closer to the bridge and the stairs leading to the observation deck). That way we can help more CCers in the future.:D

CJW

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been reading through your posts and you have answered some questions I had about an "obstructed" view on the Sensation. Unfortunately, when I booked there was only one balcony room left...V23. I have seen your pictures and it appears that you have stayed in this room. If so, is the view "ok" or should I have just booked an OV. My first cruise, I had an int., then I had OV the 2nd two and splurged on the balcony on the Glory...now I'm hooked! Thanks for any other info that you may have!

Hey buffetfan!

I'm here at the moment to answer any and all questions you have that I may not have answered in various other threads.

Here are the pictures of the obstructed view again...

Category 11 Obstructed View

http://community.webshots.com/photo/468634643/2510011150079337728nQIcsS

http://community.webshots.com/photo/468634643/2759704890079337728ixtqtX

http://community.webshots.com/photo/468634643/2669172450079337728zbhxpi

Note that these were taken from V21 (not V23). I have stayed in V19 and V21. I was trying to lean over as much as I could so get the best feeling of the obstruction. On V23, this boat is directly in front of the balcony. It's kind of up to a little below the railing, but you can see over. I'd say that about 1/2 to 2/3 up your railing is obstructed.

I would still take that cabin over an OV though.

But, I would also put in a strong request to yout TA or PVP that if any other cabins open between now and your sailing to snag those for you.

(I'd say V9, V11, V15, V17, V19 - on starboard; and V14, V16, V18, V22, V26 - on port - are the "primes"). And maybe even get a free upgrade to a Category 12.

Just remember this is a small balcony, and the room is about the size of the regular balcony rooms on the bigger ships. But, I personally think this is the best location on the Fantasy Class ships.

Feel free to ask any more questions.

Curt Jerome Wild:D

PS Just looked at the pictures again, if you look at the middle picture, it's really just the front part of that boat that is in front of your balcony.

Thanks for the info. I'm on the Sensation in January and had originally booked

V15. After looking at the deck plans, again, I moved to V19. I was worried that V15 was to close to the spa above me on the Sports Deck. I am still wondering if I did the right thing. Are my concerns about noise coming from the Sports Deck legitimate? Will being in V19 be quieter the V15? Will my view be blocked any more or less from V19 versus V15. Maybe I should split the difference and move to V17. What do you think? Thanks again for all the info! Dan

Hey there,

I literally just logged on and there's my thread at the top (that never happens). Anyway...

I personally think that V19 is a great spot. It's in a good place view-wise from any obstructions, but also not as far forward.

I stayed in this cabin specifically (and V21), and never had a problem with Sports deck noise.

I don't think that there will be a huge difference between that and V17 though. Maybe you want to book that though, just to feel extra good in your choice?

Hope that helps.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Curt Jerome Wild:cool:

Hey Cheryl,

Here's a picture (not mine) of the view from V7 toward V5.

It should at least give you an idea of the view.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/158982045/1159098574044717972rkoNas

MeLuvDaSea is going to be in V4 and V6 next week.

V6 is the port side opposite of V5 starboard, so any pictures that he gets would be the closest equivalent.

I've got a post somewhere that I list all the pros and cons, so I'll have to find that later.

Hope this helps in the meantime.

Curt Jerome Wild

Hey there,

I literally just logged on and there's my thread at the top (that never happens). Anyway...

I personally think that V19 is a great spot. It's in a good place view-wise from any obstructions, but also not as far forward.

I stayed in this cabin specifically (and V21), and never had a problem with Sports deck noise.

I don't think that there will be a huge difference between that and V17 though. Maybe you want to book that though, just to feel extra good in your choice?

Hope that helps.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Curt Jerome Wild:cool:

THANKS MUCH! Dan :D

It's nice to hear back from people on my posts.

A lot of times I answer questions, and never hear back from the people again, so thank you.

Also, if you haven't done so already, check out these pics...

http://community.webshots.com/user/curtjeromewild

There's a few of V21 and V19 specifically (although I couldn't tell you at this point which is which), but it will give you a really good idea on what to expect.

CJW

Oh my gosh!

I forgot about those!

Yes, brought the lights. Hung them with the ever present duct tape (left a little "sticky" on the window, but I made sure to clean that off so that my incredible cabin stewart didn't have to do it). After that used clear packing tape, held strong and didn't leave any residue. Also used the extension cord/power strip with surge protector to reach it.;)

I always bring extra things to decorate my cabin and door (for example at Halloween brought Halloween decorations). On the first cruise with my girlfriend (now fiance), she thought I was crazy (but that's what she now loves about me). Then the cabin stewarts started asking if they could bring their crew friends in (at our convenience) to see our decorations.

They got such a kick out of it, that she was really appreciating it then.

Also, it was fun because at dusk and night, we could see our cabin from the ports, and all the party boats would clap and hoot for us, as we were on the balcony in the evening.

Made for a lot of fun.

I would also give some of my decorations to the stewarts later in the cruise, and they used them to decorate their own cabins.

So, just a little extra thing I like to do to add to the fun on my cruises.

CJW:D

Hey CJW...you need to book the Conquest 7-02-06! You wold fit in great with our group!!! Love the lights. We decorated our door last July and lots of people commented on it. (My kids thought I was a little wacky...you think they'd be used to it by now!!)

Thanks again.

:D LOL!

Thanks for the invitation. Sounds like I would fit in well with your group.

I'm definitely booking another cruise for sometime this upcoming year, just don't know when or where yet, because I have an unusual job, where I don't always know when, where or how long I'm working beforehand.

And my fiance, is somewhat the same.

BUT, I don't want to get too off topic here, and get one of our literally and truly wonderful Hosts (I so appreciate what they do here) to send this to Floataway Lounge or something because we got off topic.

So, is there a roll call topic or board for this cruise you're talking about?

If there is, please give me the link, here, then we can continue chatting up the possibilities there...

Now back to our previously scheduled thread about Fantasy Class Category 11 (and 12) suites.

Curt Jerome Wild

:D

• 2 weeks later...

We returned last Thursday after a 5-day cruise on the Elation. My wife and I were in V4 and our daughters, in V6.

I'd like to know overall impression, did it match what you expected?"

Yes. Initially it was what I expected but a little bit on the not-too-clean side. Every smooth surface, the small table, the vanity area, even the little couch have a grubbyness to it. The couch had crumbs and foods particles. Even the large mirror behind the bed was dirty!! Not sure what happened there. I am not exaggerating. I am pleased to report that by the next day the cleaning crew had it looking great. It was cleaned very nicely by the 2nd day. I think they were just too rushed to spend much time on it during the debarkation/embarkation day. I will give them the benefit of a doubt because it was cleaned and kept so clean there-after

More on the room: I couldn't get over how pretty it was. I loved the color-scheme, the large drape that ran from wall to wall on the balcony side, and the vanity. I want to add that the Elation is such a beautiful ship, and the crew were very nice. I don't have one bad thing to say about anyone I dealt with. We interacted with the purser's desk twice and they were most congenial each time.

The balcony, although small, was nice. We sat there every morning and had our coffee. We both got up at around 6am everyday, and depending on who got up first, that person would order coffee, which was always quick in coming.

Could you talk to your daughters over the divider if you wanted?"

I would never look over the divider to our daughter's room, but my wife loved to do that. She would stand there and tell me what they were doing. And yes, they would also sit outside and chat with us. It was easy to visit even with the little divider there. I would not have wanted to remove it afterall.

It looks like it was pretty quiet and devoid of people according to your pictures, was this true?"

The very first morning I stepped outside and there were a pair of elderly gents (older than even me!), standing on the Lido deck just below our balcony. I decided just to drink my coffee and chat with them. It turned out very nice. One of them complained in a humourous way about the stillness of the sea. He was right; it was very still most of the cruise. Our cabin was not one bit worse, movement-wise, than those on the Empress Deck that we were used to. I took ginger everyday but no one else in our group did and no one got sick.

Immediately after the older gents left a man and woman came out on the Bridge deck. They were about 30 feet from our balcony, in plain sight, and stood for a long, long time running down the cruise. Mind you, this is the morning of the first full day at sea. It seemed from their conversation that they had met on board and apparently it was their idea of fun to bash Carnival as hard as they could. This did bother me, so Mrs. MeLuvDaSea and I went out for breakfast in Tiffany's. I ate bacon and eggs everyday!! Note-worthy only because I have been dieting for 1 year now. No worries, I only gained 3 pounds.

Back to that couple: I think their complaint was legitimate but I would have let it go by now. They flew into Houston and Carnival was supposed to pick them up. They had to wait several hours at the airport in Houston, thereby missing the initial burger and fries meal on the Lido deck, as well as being late for Life boat drill. The beauty of that inital morning at sea, against the backdrop of their complaining over this minor issue was slightly irritating.

For the rest of the cruise our 'private' balcony was largely private. It is really only private in the sense that no one else can walk on it but you. It is not private in that you can sit there naked if you want. I did a test. With the proper lighting, I could be seen lying in my bed, from the Bridge deck. Not a problem. If anyone would have been out there I could have pulled the heavy drape to cover the right-third of the window thereby regaining my privacy. I never had to do that.

I swore I would not talk about this... Here goes: On our pull away from Progresso I was on the Bridge Deck with a lot of other people. On the first small balcony, room v2, was a young couple making out in a very disgusting manner. I promise I am no prude but I have seen dogs with more dignity. I will not describe what was going on but if I did this post would disappear. Nuff sed...

And anything else that you questioned here on CC or were concerned about before you left...

We never tried to figure out how to work the safe. We are used to those with keys. I did find a nice-looking watch in ours and took it to the pursers desk. They promised me every effort would be made to return it to the owner.

I guess that's all about the room I can think of. My step-daughter slept on the little couch which they automatically made up for her each day. Camp Carnival was great and my grandson never minded being there. That's all I have for now.

Sincerely,

Don

We just returned from the Paradise four day cruise April 3 to April 7. We were a party of seven and four of us stayed in Verandah deck cabins and three of our party were in outside cabins on the Upper deck. We were in V18 and my sister and brother-in-law were in V42. Both cabins were identical, except that V42 had a partially-obstructed view.

The balconies are small, but ample for two chairs and a small table. Despite several rainy days on our cruise, we still enjoyed morning coffee and evening cocktails on our balcony. Being forward on the ship, we had great views. We also used the bungee cord to keep the balcony door open on occasion (when it wasn't raining).

Surprisingly, the partial-obstruction view from V42 was not bad. While the height of the boat rises to rail-level, you only see part of the boat. In effect, only the extreme left side of the view is obstructed - and almost 3/4 of the view is not obstructed. I will check with my sister to see if she took any pictures - which I'm sure would make my explanation much clearer. While I would definitely opt for a non-obstructed view cabin, I would stay in this cabin if no non-obstructed views were available.

The cabins were a nice size and tastefully decorated. There was ample closet and drawer space (and sufficient hangers, too). Extra plugs and power strips are not needed, as there are several outlets. There's a nice entertainment center (with a variety of glasses) and a small refrigerator. We asked our steward to empty the contents of the refrigerator and she suggested that we just move anything that we wanted to. This worked fine. The bed was comfy and we had four nice pillows and an extra blanket. The bathroom was nice. Shower was great and plenty of hot water. Nice shampoo dispenser. Nice-sized mirrored cabinet for toiletries, etc. We had plenty of towel (including washclothes). Bathrobes and beach towels were supplied. No heat, but we could regulate the air-conditioning.

This is a nice deck to be on - fewer cabins- plus the location is central to many of the often-frequented areas of the ship. We were gently rocked to sleep two of the four nights aboard ship. The people in our party on the Upper Deck said the same thing - so I don't think it had anything particular to do with our location. Once or twice we did hear some slight noise from above, probably from the fitness center (or joggers)?

Our steward (Irina) was great and added to our total enjoyment of the cruise. I'll be happy to try to answer any questions anyone may have. If I come up with any pictures, I'll post them. Happy cruising to all!

This is a bummer, we are booked in V23 on the Ecstasy 5/20/06 and this is my fiance's first cruise. I hate that we will have a little orange boat to gaze romantically at in the evenings but heck the cruise was a gift so I will take anything !!!

Lookin forward to a good time !! Review and pixs will follow

I have been enjoying the V area cat 11 level pictures. I was wondering if any one had any Cat 12 U area pictures. I will be on the Fantasy. I was wondering if the suites all look the same. How is the view, do you see parts of the ship or is it unobstructed, can anyone see you? As you can tell I am new to this cruising thing and any information would be greatly appreciated.