Soto Cruises

Treacher1

Has anyone used SOTO Cruises for Stingray City tour. We are cruising this summer, and someone we know was very pleased with them a few years ago. Anyone else use them??? Were you pleased?? We will be in Grand Caymen one day only and we were told they pick you up at pier for tour and more personalized and cheaper than with cruise line?? Let me know your experiences pro or con? Thanks - smooth sailing.

yes, we were with Soto's in Sept. - 3 snorkle stops for $19. I think it has gone up to $24- we had a great time and the price can't be beat. they picked us up near the pier and brought us back there - nice boat and clean equiment. If we're ever back there again, we will certainly go with them.
Peggy

Just back from cruise. We booked Soto online from recommendations on this web site. We were promptly picked up near the pier and then driven back to where the boats were. People were polite, helped with equipment fitting, boat was clean, nice size group and the snorkeling was fun. Sting Ray City was great. Both driver and his buddy jumped into the water and wrangled rays so we got close and cozy with the rays. Loved feeding them (they had food for us to give)and while the area was filled with boats- our was nice and small so we could slip in and get right into the action. Very helpful getting in and out of water at reef. Price was $24 pp and only one mention about a tip and then just a bucket put out. Videographer was on board and you could preview the film- but I thought it was a bit high. We are anxious to see the underwater camera photos. Make sure you buy a few at Walmart- $7 bucks versus $15.00 as we were leaving the Triumph.

Enjoy!!!

Hello,
We are booked with Soto's in May and our tour is at 11:30. My question is,can we get on an early tender as we want to explore a bit before the tour? Do they check tour times when you get on?
Thanks,
Pattie

Enchantment of the Sea May1,2004

• 2 weeks later...
I'm just back from the Carnival Triumph and we did the Soto's Cruise Tour to 3 stops, two snorkeling and then sting ray city. It was a great time! Our favorite excursion and most memorable. Everything went as fourofus said above, we took the earliest tender in as we did not know about the time difference. It turns out that in the summer the time is one hour different because they do not observe daylight savings time. So when it was 8am ship time it was 7am on Cayman. No problem though except that we got off the boat so early that many of the shops were still closed. The tour itself was great, they gave us the equipment and had water and lemonade on board. The water was rough at the first stop but at the second stop and stingray city it was fine. We were there on April 21. For $24pp including transportation it can't be beat! I highly reccomend Sotos.

Serenade of the Seas 11/27/04
Carnival Triumph 4/17/04
Majesty of the Seas 1996
The Big Red Boat 1995
Viking Serenade 1990
Oceania 1986

Archived