harbor house,galveston can you walk ??

gr8tfulscott

We have walked twice. Once to the Rhapsody (far terminal) and once to the Conquest (closer terminal). We are early 50s and have 2 rolling bags and 1 carry-on each. You can get a cab but it will take awhile to get there with traffic. Both times we checkout just before 11:00 and have been on the ships by noon. When you get there do a practice walk and see if it would be too difficult for your family. There is a continental breakfast on the 2nd floor that will tide you over until lunch on the ship.

Yes, we too walked to the furthest terminal where the Galaxy docked. We pasted the Grand that time. Coming back we passed the Ecstasy to get back to the HH parking lot. It was a hike but if the weather is nice and you have bags on wheels you can do it. And, yes, avoiding all that traffic if it's a "two ship day" is a real bonus.

Since Princess and Carnival obviously use the nearest terminal, that walk is a breeze!

You can absolutely walk. In my opinion that is the only way to go from the HH. Done it twice....once with my 80 yr.old MIL. Between 6 of us we had 15 bags, mostly on wheels. We did have the porter take a large majority of the bags on his cart to the edge of the sidewalk (gave him $10). While he was taking them to the drop-off point, the husbands went ahead to HH to get car. Picked us up at curb at drop-off point. I worked fine because your not on a thru street so there wasn't any traffic. Taking a cab puts you right into the middle of all the traffic. Hope this helps.

Archived