Best Value Inn and Suites-Galveston

KSGal

Has anyone stayed at this location? We're driving in the night before, but probably won't be there before dinner. Therefore, we're not looking for anything special. Just clean, safe, and cruise parking. Does anyone know about how much a cab to the terminal would cost? Thanks for any help!!!!!

Unless this is a new hotel I wouldn't trust it. Being from Texas we've sailed out of Galveston (and visited) several times and I don't remember seeing it. If I strictly wanted a clean room in a safe area without spending a lot I'd look into the Fairfield Inn (I believe it is) in Texas City, about 30 minutes from the port. You could leave your car at http://www.ezparking.com. It use to be only $35 for the week. If that email address is incorrect, just google "e z parking" +galveston and it should come up. You can register and pay for your parking spot online and they take you to the port at no cost. Good Luck.

www.Galveston.com for suggestions as to which hotels have free parking.

I have stayed at about 5 different hotels.

Howard Johnsons in Galveston is ok as long as it is not summer- we were overrun by mosquitos(channel right behind the hotel).

Commodore- older but it was clean- free shuttle and free parking

Victorian suites/condos- little old but clean- free parking and shuttle

Harbor House- more expensive but close to the pier- still need to drive your luggage over than drive car back to hotel- parking charge

cant remember the other two.

check the website It should help

Karen

Archived