Lotus Spa Brochure Problems?

lacruisecat

I wanted to download the new Lotus Spa brochure from the internet and I couldn't do it from the princess website. I have Adobe, so I can definitely download pdf files, but after trying to access it, I get a blank screen? Could it be because I have AOL? Has anyone else successfully downloaded the brochure?

Thanks

I just dled it and it opened. However, I am on a mac. It did not automatically open in Acrobat Reader like pdfs generally do. Instead, it opened in another program that's on Macs called preview. You might right clicking and checking the properties.

Sapphire Princess Inaugural

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I tried to download the brochure and got a blank screen in Adobe Acrobat. I, too, am on AOL.

Until Golden Princess Sails June 20, 2004

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=6>

<param name="day" value=20>

<param name="hour" value=23>

</applet>

Two things might be happening here:

1) The Lotus Spa pdf is a very large file (lots of hi res photos) and will take a long time to transfer over. I have DSL and it took about two minutes, so dial up could be around 10 minutes. You may have to wait a long time to just see the first page, hence the blank screen.

2) Your browser might not be set up to automatically open pdf's. If you know you have Adobe Acrobat installed, try saving the pdf file to your hard drive and then opne it up directly in Acrobat. (Right clicking on the link and choosing "save target" or file will usually do the trick).

HTH, Steve

I just hate that Acrobat thing. I went to my daughter's booking and copied all the selections and put in an e-mail to her so I copy them here for you. On this Post Now page, I had to go through and edit it to take out all the extra line spaces. I hope the format is ok, although a little funky. Now you can just print it from here and it will be more concise. I love the Spa and Princess management should make it better than ever. A cruise is no vacation without visits to the Spa.

Below is a list of Lotus Spa Services that can only be reserved onboard your ship. Please call

1-800-PRINCESS or speak with an onboard representative for additional information.

Steam and Sauna Time Port Day Price Sea Day Price Ancient Steam & Sauna Rituals Comp Comp

Rasul Experience 30 min $45 $65

Lotus Salon Time Port Day Price Sea Day Price

Shampoo & Style Times Vary $25/30/35 $35/40/45

Blow Dry & Style Times Vary $20/25/30 $20/30/40

Lady's Haircut & Finish Times Vary $40/50/60 $50/60/70

Gentleman's Haircut & Finish Times Vary $25 $35

Child's haircut & Finish Times Vary $20 $25

Special Occasion Up-do Times Vary $40/50/60 $45/55/65

Invigorating Lotus Time Port Day Price Sea Day Price Step-X-Press 60 min Comp Comp

Total Body Conditioning 30 min Comp Comp

Power Walk 30 min Comp Comp

Xpress Circuit 60 min Comp Comp

Simply Lotus Time Port Day Price Sea Day Price

Dance Lotus 60 min Comp Comp

Floating Lotus 60 min Comp Comp

Lotus Fusion 60 min Comp Comp

Lotus Horizon 30 min Comp Comp

Specialty Lotus Time Port Day Price Sea Day Price

Lotus Yoga 60 min $10 $10

Lotus Kick-Box 30 min $10 $10

Group Cycling program 45 min $10 $10

Group Pilates Mat-Based Training 60 min $10 $10

Personalized Lotus Time Port Day Price Sea Day Price

Pilates One-On-One Instruction 60 min $45 $65

Personal Training 60 min/Set of 3 $55/Set $150 $75/Set $195

Body Composition Analysis & Consult 30 min $20 $40

Additional Services Time Port Day Price Sea Day Price Polish Change 15 min $10 $15

French Polish Change 15 min $15 $20

Paraffin Wrap 15 min $10 $15

Use this section to review and personalize your cruise vacation.

THE TREATMENTS BELOW ARE THE ONES THAT YOU CAN PRE-RESERVE ON THE WEBSITE: Di

Reserve Lotus Spa >>

Making spa reservations is easy! Simply select the service type and date below to check availibilty. Remember, a credit card is not required to pre-reserve!

What day would you like this service?

Jun 5 2004Jun 6 2004Jun 7 2004Jun 8 2004Jun 9 2004Jun 10 2004Jun 11 2004

What type of service would you like?

- Select One -MassageHairNailsBody TreatmentFacial

Aromatic Pine Sea Scrub | 25 Min

Lotus Men: A gentle exfoliation of sea salts rich in minerals and trace elements combines with pine essential oils to stimulate the skin and improve circulation. Finish with a marine base micro-emulsion spray applied to the body, protecting against free radicals and leaving the skin looking and feeling new.

Aromatic Pine Sea Scrub | 50 Min

Lotus Men: A gentle exfoliation of sea salts rich in minerals and trace elements combines with pine essential oils to stimulate the skin and improve circulation. Finish with a marine base micro-emulsion spray applied to the body, protecting against free radicals and leaving the skin looking and feeling new.

Aroma Quench Elixir | 115 Min

Marine nutrients and trace elements combine with the powerful aromatherapy oils of ylang-ylang, sage, sandalwood and lavender to create a stimulating and energizing body elixir. Finish with a HydraDelicat Body Spray and Moisturizing Body Cream application. Note: This treatment may be experienced in the Flotation Bed for an extra charge. See "Lotus Floatation Aroma Quench Elixir" for details.

Golden Sun Kiss | 50 Min

Avoid the harmful effects of the sun's rays with this bronzing skin treatment. A gentle exfoliation prepares the skin for our Soleil Auto Bronzant spray, evenly applied to the face and body for a streak-less tan. A home care product is included to prolong your healthy glow. Also available under the Lotus Youth Menu.

Lotus Blossom | 25 Min

Aromatic essences extracted from the Lotus Flower and Primrose are combined with floral grains to create a gentle exfoliant that smoothes and moisturizes the skin. Finish with a floral milk cream that is massaged into the body to restore balance and hydration.

Lotus Splash | 50 Min

Immerse your body in a floral bath inspired by the Lotus Flower to enlighten and bring harmony to the mind and body. A delicate perfume and aura surround you in and out of the bath. Finish with a splash of blended creams and oils that nurture the skin, leaving you in a state of total bliss.

Marine Algae Masque | 50 Min

This seaweed therapy and moisturizing application is customized to meet your body's individual needs, focusing on either contouring or firming. Our unique algae wrap helps rid the body of toxins, improving circulation and leaving the body fully restored. Note: This treatment may be experienced in the Flotation Bed for an extra charge. See "Lotus Floatation Marine Algae Masque" for details.

Ocean Glow Polish | 25 Min

Utilizing the healing power of marine extracts, this nourishing sea scrub leaves your skin feeling smooth and looking radiant. You may personalize this treatment by selecting from our relaxation-inducin OligoForce Serums that target contouring or firming.

Oceanic Plunge | 50 Min

Therapeutic marine extracts relax the body, while powerful jets massage sore and tight muscles and assist your body's absorption of complex minerals, vitamins and trace elements to detoxify, nourish and rebalance. A brief wrap, refreshing shower and moisturizing massage complete this bathing ritual.

Sacred Garden Ritual | 50 Min

Apricot oil, floral extracts and creamy milk create an aromatic body potion that soothes the spirit and eases the mind. A warm cocoon envelops the body, nourishes the skin and induces total relxation. Finish with a light body polish and refreshing floral spray. Note: This treatment may be experienced in the Flotation Bed for an extra charge. See "Lotus Floatation Sacred Garden Ritual" for details.

Sea Essence Duet | 50 Min

Enjoy the dual benefits of a creamy exfoliation and relaxing massage. Aromatic seawater and essential oils from pine and lavender combine to nourish and soothe the skin. A self-heating mud is applied to the back of the soles of the feet, releasing tension and comforting muscles.

Sea Foam Thermal Wrap | 80 Min

Rich, bubbling, self-heating sea mud penetrates the skin to ease muscle tension and detoxify the body. You are then drenched in a nourishing anti-aging body cream that remineralizes your skin, leaving it looking and feeling new. Note: This treatment may be experienced in the Flotation Bed for an extra charge. See "Lotus Floatation Sea Foam Thermal Wrap" for details.

Sea Tonic Escape | 80 Min

A body treatment that will make your skin look and feel younger. Your body is first drenched with an active concentrate that delivers anti-aging ingredients deep into your skin. You are then submerged into a jetted therapeutic sea tonic, inducing relxation and firming the skin. This treatment finishes with a rich, antiaging cream applied from head to toe.

* For your convenience, a 15% gratuity will be added to the purchase price of each service.

Cancellation Policy: Please review the summary page if you would like to review or cancel a spa reservation online. Please provide 24 hours notice for appointment cancellation, or your onboard account will be charged 100% of the treatment cost. Complete refunds are available for returned items, with receipt and prior to the end of your cruise. We regret that opened retail products cannot be exchanged or returned. You may also contact 1-800-PRINCESS if you need further assistance.

Some Lotus Spa services may not be listed here. For assistance with these services, please see your Lotus Spa professional onboard the ship, For more information, view Lotus Spa Services

I SEE THE FORMAT GOT A LITTLE MESSED UP, BUT I THINK YOU CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE SEA DAYS AND PORT DAYS RATES. In addition, I think that this is only the Massage portion. Facials are on another menu. Go to your booking or I will try again also.

Fair Winds and Following Seas!

[This message was edited by Princess Di on 04-03-04 at 06:28 PM.]

I forgot:

I just called Princess to ask about the 15% Gratuity note at the bottom. They said they will remove it from your folio at the Pursers desk, or better still, tell the Purser as soon as you board that you will tip in person in the Spa. Just watch your bill. I like to tip in cash currency of the country. The therapists appreciate this.

OH, MY GOSH, HERE'S SOME MORE:

Well, I don't see any prices, so much for my cut & paste skills.

AromaVedic | 50 Min

A traditional Eastern massage centered on aromachology, this scientific treatment combines specialized techniques with essential oils to penetrate deep into the muscle tissue, improving circulation and promotion an overall feeling of well-being in the mind and body.

AromaVedic | 80 Min

A traditional Eastern massage centered on aromachology, this scientific treatment combines specialized techniques with essential oils to penetrate deep into the muscle tissue, improving circulation and promotion an overall feeling of well-being in the mind and body.

Deep Tissue | 50 Min

A cross-fiber massage technique that reaches the deeper muscle layers to alleviate stress and promote muscle restoration and detoxification. Deep pressure is applied to specific trigger points, focusing "on the moment" to answer warning signals from the body.

Deep Tissue | 80 Min

A cross-fiber massage technique that reaches the deeper muscle layers to alleviate stress and promote muscle restoration and detoxification. Deep pressure is applied to specific trigger points, focusing "on the moment" to answer warning signals from the body.

Massage | 25 Min

Lotus Youth: Enjoy this Asian-inspired massage and its effects on the body and mind. Your Lotus Professional will share facts and advice that you can apply to your individual daily life back home. A wonderful start to a healthier life.

Massage | 50 Min

Lotus Youth: Enjoy this Asian-inspired massage and its effects on the body and mind. Your Lotus Professional will share facts and advice that you can apply to your individual daily life back home. A wonderful start to a healthier life.

Muscle Thermal Repair | 50 Min

Lotus Men: Perfect for muscle stiffness or injury. A warm marine mud is applied to the injured muscle group, stimulating reflex points throughout the body, and bringing relief and healing to the affected area. A relaxing fitness massage completes the repair work.

Reflexology | 25 Min

A form of "pressure treatment" focusing on certain reflex points, located in the feet, that correlate to specific organs and integral body systems. Benefits include relaxation, enhanced circulation and inner balance.

Steaming Stones | 50 Min

Incorporating hot basalt stones into traditional massage techniques, this treatment penetrates the muscles to ease tension and stimulate circulation. Promotes relaxation, detoxification and emotional balance.

Steaming Stones | 80 Min

Incorporating hot basalt stones into traditional massage techniques, this treatment penetrates the muscles to ease tension and stimulate circulation. Promotes relaxation, detoxification and emotional balance.

Swedish | 25 Min

Ideal for the first-time spa experience, this relaxing therapy utilizes five specific movements: long strokes, kneading, friction, tapping and vibration to detoxify the body, ease sore muscles, relieve tension and improve circulation.

Swedish | 50 Min

Ideal for the first-time spa experience, this relaxing therapy utilizes five specific movements: long strokes, kneading, friction, tapping and vibration to detoxify the body, ease sore muscles, relieve tension and improve circulation.

Swedish | 80 Min

Thermal Fitness | 50 Min

Designed for the physically active, this pre- or post-exercise massage uses a warm, self-heating sea mud that triggers reflex points throughout the body as its thermal energy builds. Improves range of motion and increases oxygenation to muscle tissue, with an emphasis on stretching and resistance work.

Thermal Fitness | 80 Min

Designed for the physically active, this pre- or post-exercise massage uses a warm, self-heating sea mud that triggers reflex points throughout the body as its thermal energy builds. Improves range of motion and increases oxygenation to muscle tissue, with an emphasis on stretching and resistance work.

Archived