galveston terminal question

kgpackrat

We are cruising on the Ecstasy on June 8th :D and are using the EZ Cruise Parking. Can we drop off our luggage before parking? Also, I guess there are 2 terminals--how do we know which one we go to? Thanks, Kathy

Yes you can and if you are early or have a lot of baggage that is the easiest.

There will be signs to each ship, but really all you have to do is LOOK UP and see which ship is where.

Enjoy your cruise.

Congratulations on your cruise. I wish I was going with you. The Ecstasy was our first. Have you been going to Galveston.com to see your ship in port? This will give you an idea where your ship will be. I am sure someone will correct me, but as far as I have ever seen, the first port building has always been Carnival.

Have a great cruise!!!

Luanne

We are going to try the snuba in Cozumel. We toyed with trying scuba, but decided to ease into it. We have snorkeled once before in Hawaii and loved it. Maybe the next cruise will be longer and we will get braver!

I am sure you will do just fine. One piece of advice. Take the time to really enjoy the ship. There will be sooooo much to do, and if you try and do it all, you will come home so tired, and in a way cheated, because you didn't take a few minutes to enjoy. You are driving down, so where are you coming from?

Luanne

We live in Oklahoma City, but will be spending a few days with friends in Corpus Christi before the cruise. We are driving from there to Galveston the night before the cruise. We wanted to make sure there were no travel problems and we were there in plenty of time.

You are going to leave corpus the night before the cruise? It won't take very long to get there, and you will be so tired.

You will have to come near my house to get to Corpus. We are at Ft. Hood

Luanne

We are staying at the La Quinta this time. Everything else was booked. Anyone reading this and are going to Galveston needs to book early. They are sailing out fast these days.

I know you will have a great cruise. Just remember that things happen. Just smile and remember it's a cruise, and most of the people you know won't be on one.

Luanne

Actually we are leaving Corpus late afternoon and spending the night in a Galveston motel. I take it you are Army? We are retired Air Force--that is how we got to OKC.

More Okie cruisers! Let me guess.....Tinker?? I live about 50 miles S.E. of there!

We are cruising on the Ecstasy on June 8th :D and are using the EZ Cruise Parking. Can we drop off our luggage before parking? Also, I guess there are 2 terminals--how do we know which one we go to? Thanks, Kathy

No need to drop off your luggage first. Traffic can be a mess around the terminal. Just drive to EZ Cruise and they'll load your luggage on their shuttle and drive you straight to the terminal, where they will drop you off right where the porters are loading luggage. It works just like parking at the airport and taking the airport shuttle. At least, that's how it worked for us last November. :)

I've dropped friends off at the terminal before and traffic can really get backed up so you sure don't want to sit in it twice! :eek:

Have a great cruise!

Have a great time on your cruise and let us know how it went. I also live in Oklahoma (NW Okla) and will be going on the Ecstasy on August 26. We are also driving down the day before the cruise...I cannot wait, seems like forever away-lol...This will be my first cruise, hubbys second ( he took a cruise on the Ecstasy for his high school graduation trip in 1995.

Archived