Silver Line from Black Falcon?

Donna Kincaid

For anyone familiar with the area: We will be stopping for the day in Boston aboard Constellation in October. We would like an inexpensive, but fairly quick way to get into the city. I know there are shuttles available at the port, but is the silver line station far from the port? Is it walkable? We are in pretty good shape, but don't want to walk 2 or 3 miles. Thanks for any help you could give us.

Donna and Steve Kincaid

Hi Donna & Steve,

I just came from Black Falcon Pier. The bus stop is across the street next to the parking garage. This will take you only to South Station. you can find more information on www.mbta.com this will have a schedule for the Silverline, as well as all public transportation schedules. I hope this helps.

Happy Sailings!

Depending on which end of the dock you tie up at (there's room for 3 ships, I believe), you might have to walk a half mile to the Silver Line station at Black Falcon. From there you're off to Boston on the 'T'!

The three visits the Constellation makes in Boston; she is the only cruiseship in port. You will be able to pick-up the Silver Line next to the parking garage.

Happy Sailings!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Daryle Ann,

300px-SouthStation.agr.JPG

Here is a photo of South Station

South Sation is located at the corner of Summer Street and Altantic Ave.

South Station is over 105 yrs. old. If you head several blocks north (3-4 Blocks) you would come to Rowes Wharf. In this area you'll be able to see Quincy Market, New England Aquarium, the Freedom Trail of the American Revolution era. there is plenty of sightseeing, shopping, harbor cruises, restaurants. Taxi are available. Go to google maps for a view of the area.

I hope I've been helpful to you folks.

Thank you so much! The picture is very interesting - you have a lovely town! We are looking forward to our 'adventure!'

Just one more question: Frommer's book says "the 'silver line' is just a fancy name for the bus service" Is this still true? I was under the inpression that it was a subway line.

Hi folks,

I'm sad to say it is nothing more than a public bus. Here is a partial veiw of the bus.

P1011017.JPGthe only difference is its holds more passengers than a regular bus.

Hi Wakka!

I started another thread about the Black Falcon pier and getting around, but I still kinda need a few more questions answered. We're arriving Sep 22 (for our cruise leavining on the 23rd) and staying at Seaport Hotel. We'll have luggage for a week-long cruise. I'm not sure if the hotel has a shuttle or not, but after seeing the pics you posted of the Silverline, I don't know if I want to lug luggage on. Do you have any idea of the cost of a taxi? That just seems easier to me that schlepping luggage in and out of a bus. I just kinda wanted to have a guess on how much money I should plan on transportation. Thanks for your help!!

Hi weareadams,

You should take a taxis from the hotel to the cruise terminal. The distance is nomore than 1/2 mile away. Cab rates for Boston is as follows:

Starting meter is $2.25. Each additional 1/8 mile is $ .30. Taxi cabs are available outside the hotel. I hope this information will be helpful.

weareadams,

Seaport Hotel does not have a shuttle to the airport. :(

I myself will be going on the Jewel of The Seas on the 30th of September. Keep the ship clean LOL! If you need more information let me know!

Archived