Where to stay in Galveston?

deucpau

We are driving from AL and spending the night before boarding the Conquest 8/20!! Any recomendations in Galveston or should we stay in Houston and make the drive down in the morning?

You can find alot of info on the hotel board and the port of call board. This is a regular question and this thread will be moved there soon if past history is any indication.

The advantage of staying at several Galveston hotels is that they will give you free parking and shuttle. (I said several, not all) Check the precruise board or http://www.galveston.com for more details. Call the hotels and verify what they have on offer.

August 20, is the first weekend after most school districts are back in session here. This helps you as Galveston is a beach town and the weekend is the busiest time in summer. Booking after school starts should be easier than say July.

You do have the option of staying in Houston or Clear lake. Check out http://www.kemahboardwalk.com/ for another option. Kemah is about 20 to 25 minutes from the port. Staying in downtown Houston can be fun if you like baseball and the Astros are home that weekend. Most Hotels in downtown Houston cater to business people and have good weekend deals to fill rooms that would otherwise be empty.

We have sailed from Galveston 3 times. EZ-cruise parking is a short walk from the terminal. They have a shuttle. They are inexpensive and secure. http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

What would interest you precruise? I bet one of us has a good suggestion.

Enjoy your cruise!

We stayed here and thought it was wonderful, but I have read other people's opinion that they did not have the same experience that we did. The view is beautiful. You can park your car for free for a week and they take you over to the pier. When we got back the shuttle was waiting to take us back to our car. From our vantage point it was a great experience.

I don't know who is going with you, or what your interests are. If you're not traveling with kids, Grace Manor bed and breakfast is amazing!! It's a historic home that was built in 1905 and the owner Barb is wonderful!! We stayed in the Island Palms room June 11th and left for our cruise the next day. If you stay there the night before or after a cruise, you get free cruise parking. The website is www.gracemanor-galveston.com.

Jamie

• 1 month later...

The Holiday Inn at the Beach has the best view. All rooms face the Gulf and have a balconies. There is nothing special about the hotel itself, but it is in a good central location across from the seawall and within walking distance of good restaurants and activities.

The Holiday Inn at the Beach has the best view. All rooms face the Gulf and have a balconies. There is nothing special about the hotel itself, but it is in a good central location across from the seawall and within walking distance of good restaurants and activities.

I agree with you celtic sailing! I have booked at the new one Sunspree Resort!I got a good deal for two nights! $229.00 including taxes!

There are two. THe Sunspree, and another on the Seawall. Thanks.

Hello Redfish,

I beleive he was talking about the Older One Not the Sunspree Resort Holiday Inn, Ive booked there looks good go on line and put in your search engine holiday inn sunspree resort and should bring up pictures of it and prices, all their rooms face the Gulf as well! The longer you wait the higher the price gets! I would reccommend this one! Good Luck!

we are sailing on the same ship and date and we are staying at the Harborview Hotel they charge 99.99 for the one night of Sat Aug.19th and provide free week long parking and they call a shuttle for you for 10.00 pp. Seems to be the best deal I could find since most of the nicer hotels require a two night minimum stay. Or you have to pay for two nights wether you stay both or not. It is on the travel web sites where you get the discounted rates for hotels.:) Hope this helps!!!

we are sailing on the same ship and date and we are staying at the Harborview Hotel they charge 99.99 for the one night of Sat Aug.19th and provide free week long parking and they call a shuttle for you for 10.00 pp. Seems to be the best deal I could find since most of the nicer hotels require a two night minimum stay. Or you have to pay for two nights wether you stay both or not. It is on the travel web sites where you get the discounted rates for hotels.:) Hope this helps!!!

Hey 3crazyboys you got a good deal as well ive looked at that site before and its been over a hundred dollars, depends on when you go I guess Holiday inn has free parking,security and free shuttle service too, I just wanted to check this one out since Ive had a lot of raves from friends and you can leave your car as well! Good advice from all good luck on whatever you decide!

Archived