Hotel in Galveston near cruise terminal

cosaraquis1

I second the Harbor House.

We stayed last week for one night after our cruise. Hotel was within walking distance (an easy 2-3 block walk), clean, and the beds were very comfortable. We paid $115 for a one night stay.

We would not hesitate to stay there again!:)

We've stayed at the HH several times and will again this November. We always leave our car at their parking lot. It's a very secure, well lit area. No problems!

Enjoy your cruise!

I booked this with Galveston.com and cancelled it the other day because their rate was 135 and I found it on Hotels.com for 115. I dont think that rate was there before because I always check everywhere first. The only deal is the 115 rate is non refundable and it is totally (2 nights) on my visa right now ,and Im staying at the end of aug. The other thing is I knew parking for the week we're cruising was included with galveston.com, now I dont know if it is. In total I saved 30 dollars.

I read that they charge for parking during your stay ($10 per day) and $8 per day for valet charge (only during the 2 days youre there) Can anyone give info about this please? Thx

I booked this with Galveston.com and cancelled it the other day because their rate was 135 and I found it on Hotels.com for 115. I dont think that rate was there before because I always check everywhere first. The only deal is the 115 rate is non refundable and it is totally (2 nights) on my visa right now ,and Im staying at the end of aug. The other thing is I knew parking for the week we're cruising was included with galveston.com, now I dont know if it is. In total I saved 30 dollars.

I read that they charge for parking during your stay ($10 per day) and $8 per day for valet charge (only during the 2 days youre there) Can anyone give info about this please? Thx

I always call Harbor House directly. We are staying for 2 nights (possibly 3) in November and got an 85.00 rate for each night plus 20.00 for the parking while we are on the cruise. Nothing has even been mentioned about the valet charge, in fact we've never paid for a valet charge and we've stayed there 3 different times. Maybe this is a new charge they have added?

I always call Harbor House directly. We are staying for 2 nights (possibly 3) in November and got an 85.00 rate for each night plus 20.00 for the parking while we are on the cruise. Nothing has even been mentioned about the valet charge, in fact we've never paid for a valet charge and we've stayed there 3 different times. Maybe this is a new charge they have added?

This was from my previous reservation page:

Terms and Description

-No pets allowed.

-Ten dollar a day parking fee.

-Guests must be 21 years of age or older to check-in.

-The Harbor House is a non-smoking property.

Cancellation Description

Cancellations must be made by 4pm 72 hours prior to arrival.

Cancellations must be made by 8/22/2006 4:00 PM

Check in/out Time

Check In Time: 4:00 PM , Check Out Time: 12:00 PM

Cruise Parking Terms and Cancellations

Terms and Description

One vehicle per room booked. Guest is responsible for the $8 per day vallet charge during hotel stay. Parking is free during cruise.

Cancellation Description

No cancellation description for Cruise Parking inclusion.

Cancellations must be made by 8/25/2006

Maybe your room rate was out of season, either way I'll call directly next time. We cruised thru galveston one time and learned that it would probably be more convienient to stay in HH, walk to and from ship and take express debarkation because we were waiting all morning to get out of there.

Is everyone who stays at HH required to use valets or do you park it yourself? Thanks for your info.

:D The funny thing about the "valet" parking to me is that they don't have valets...you park the car yourself! Oh well, to us it is worth whatever they want to charge. We love staying there and watching our ship come in, plus it's so convienent to the cruise terminal.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Okay, now I'm really confused. Is it $10.00/day for parking plus $8/day for a valet fee? That seems like a lot! I really don't remember what my booking info said, at the time we booked we were planning on taking a shuttle but now we are doing the two one-way rentals, so will need to park overnight. Just want to be prepared for any extra $$ required :) I'll have to re-check my booking info to see what it says.

Okay, now I'm really confused. Is it $10.00/day for parking plus $8/day for a valet fee? That seems like a lot! I really don't remember what my booking info said, at the time we booked we were planning on taking a shuttle but now we are doing the two one-way rentals, so will need to park overnight. Just want to be prepared for any extra $$ required :) I'll have to re-check my booking info to see what it says.

Well I just called HH and spoke with a very nice gentleman. He answered our questions...

Cruise Parking..20.00 per week (5 day or longer) as long as you have at least one overnight stay with them.

Valet Parking...No charge, since they do not have these services.

Hope this helps! I feel better now!!;)

If you can book on their website (which is usually the best rate, by the way) parking for the cruise duration is free. (Right under the room rate is a park free option that you have to click on). If you book through any other agency or with HH by phone, there is a $20 'while you cruise' fee be it for 4, 7, 11 or 12 nights! In addition, they will charge you a $10 per night parking fee for the nights you actually stay at the hotel. It was $8 when we were there the first time almost 2 years ago.

first reservation I had 135 x 2= 270 + tax and 20 (park 2 nights)+ 0 cruise parking 290 total plus tax

Room Total: $270.00

Taxes: $40.50

Grand Total: $310.50 + 20 = 330.50

cancelled

second with hotel.com (another .com had this rate too--non refundable)

115 x 2 = 230 + 20 park 2 + 20 park cruise = 270

TAX $ 41.58

Total Charges $ 271.58 + 40 = 311.58

(includes tax recovery charges and our service fees.)

I saved a whopping $18.92!! That almost covers the parking :) whooopee

Archived