Number of People on a Ship Excursion

ama22

I've been trying to decide if I want to do ship excursions on our upcoming (Sept. 2007) SD cruise to the Med, or take a private tour guide. Maybe ctbjr1309 or anyone else can tell me how many passengers are in a typical shore excursion.

Mary Lou

Mary Lou,

I thought I answered that last night but don't see my post on the board. Perhaps I'm losing my mind???

In a nutshell, it depends on a number of things. Last week, we did 4 SD excursions. The participation ranged from 15-40 or so passengers. The smaller groups are not split. The larger ones are. We've never had an issue with the number of passengers on an excursion but I realize that everybody has a different perspective on things of this nature.

Hope that helps.

No, you are not losing your mind. I thought I asked that question last evening also, but the post was gone this morning. I've emailed CC to ask why.

Thanks for your answer. Are you going to do a review of your trip. I know its early. It usually takes me months to write my reviews.

Mary Lou

Thanks for the good news that I'm not losing it. Regarding a review, I'm not much of one for writing them. I would much prefer to answer questions specifically posed by you or others. Not only is it a pain in the neck to write a review but I'm not certain that I'd include things that would be of interest to you or others. I much prefer to answer specific questions as to various aspects of the cruise or SeaDream in general. Hope that's ok. I promise to be responsive to the best of my ability to all questions posted. Thanks.

Our cruise started in Istanbul, went to Kannakale, Kusadasi, Patmos (2 days due to weather), Santorini, a port on the mainland whose name I don't recall (replacement for Mykonos, due to weather) and Piraeus (for Athens).

Archived