Embassy Suites - South

tahoebabar

I just booked 2 rooms for next month, as we are flying into LAX the day before our cruise. We also have reservations with Golden West Express to take us to San Pedro. I was wondering if there are any restaurants close to the hotel property, or if anyone has eaten at their restaurant.

We really like Embassy Suites hotels, so I know (in advance ) that we made a good hotel decision. Just trying to figure out dinner plans.

Thanks!

DH and I will be staying at the Embassy Suites North before we leave for our cruise next year and we were wondering the same thing so he went to a search engine and put in Restaurants by LAX (or something similar) and came up with a few choices. He also looked for hotels that were in the same area as Embassy, went to their websites and looked at their restaurants. While we didn't see a menu, we did choose a restaurant (I think it's called something Grill) at the Sheraton. It's within walking distance of our hotel. I'm sorry this is a little vague but I hope it does help.

So just double checking here...

You are booked into Embassy Suites South?

On Imperial?

There are actually quite a lot of good restaurants in the area depending on...

If you are renting a car, then you a wide open...

If you are willing to take a short taxi ride, then you are still really good...

If you are just wanting to walk, then you are limited, but there could be a couple of acceptable options...

That being said - what are you doing and what are you looking for?

What type of cuisine? What price range? What views or ambiance?

A lot can be had with a short taxi ride...

Let me know, I'm here to help.

CJW

We are looking for a short walk to a moderately priced restaurant - cuisine unknown. or... do you know anything about the restaurant at the Embassy Suites. We will be getting to the hotel about 5 p.m., so dinner is the only meal we have to be concerned about.

--Thanks!

We are looking for a short walk to a moderately priced restaurant - cuisine unknown. or... do you know anything about the restaurant at the Embassy Suites. We will be getting to the hotel about 5 p.m., so dinner is the only meal we have to be concerned about.

--Thanks!

I stayed at this property last year. The restaurant is quite good with lots of variety. Prices were reasonable. Menu is posted outside the restaurant so you can check it out when you arrive. The hotel was very so-so and looked like it could use some updating. Did enjoy the free breakfast. Make sure your room is not on the side that hears the planes. I had one of these rooms and it was soooo noisy I couldn't believe it.

Yes, it has a good restaurant with a lot of variety.

Prices are about $10 to $20 per entree.

The thing is that there is absolutely nothing within walking distance (it's kind of in it's own little isolated residential area).

So, even if you wanted to take a cab to another restaurant, you would spend more for the cab, than at the hotel.

Hope that helps, give us a report when you get back.

CJW

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed at both N and S in LAX....we prefer the N much quieter to air traffic. The S is closer to the runways and it was non stop!! We barely slept, plus there was a bachelorette party next door...OK that can happen anywhere!.....but we ended up switching rooms at midnight b/c of it and our room was comped along with a few others rooms.

Restaurant at S was good, the N we only did room service cause we arrived too late and too tired for anything else.

ES is always a good choice, for LAX I suggest the N, it is quieter to air traffic.

• 9 months later...

I used to live out there -- Hermosa and Redondo areas, just across PCH. In fact, on S. Francisco Ave, next to Joe's. We will be arriving San Pedro 11/3 and booked to return on 11/4. I'm hoping to find a clean, decent, reasonable hotel in the area. DH is not really a walker, but I can do a LOT of miles, particularly if I'm close to the ocean. Those maps are so misleading...how far is it to the Strand? Really appreciate your input. Silver:cool:

I used to live out there -- Hermosa and Redondo areas, just across PCH. In fact, on S. Francisco Ave, next to Joe's. We will be arriving San Pedro 11/3 and booked to return on 11/4. I'm hoping to find a clean, decent, reasonable hotel in the area. DH is not really a walker, but I can do a LOT of miles, particularly if I'm close to the ocean. Those maps are so misleading...how far is it to the Strand? Really appreciate your input. Silver:cool:

Answering you here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12004234#post12004234

on your original thread, in order to keep this on topic;) ...

Check there, and I keep helping you on that one...

Archived