Aft "mini-suite", deck 11, NCL Pearl. OK or change it?

socsthecat

Hi, first post relating to our (upcoming) first cruise :)

We've been allocated an aft "mini-suite" on deck 11 on the NCL Pearl. I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand the back of ship should be out of the wind and view should be great. On the other hand I notice a buffet on deck 12 above our room so will it be noisy and will we have people at the buffet peering down on our balcony?

Any advice?

Probably the first of a few questions!

We've been allocated an aft "mini-suite" on deck 11 on the NCL Pearl. I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand the back of ship should be out of the wind and view should be great. On the other hand I notice a buffet on deck 12 above our room so will it be noisy and will we have people at the buffet peering down on our balcony?

Any advice?

Keep it. If you are on the 2/16 sailing I will switch minisuites.

Any advice?

Keep it. If you are on the 2/16 sailing I will switch minisuites.

We had an aft facing mini suite on deck 11 on the Jewel. We did not have noise from the outdoor restaurant above and people could not look down on our balcony. It was a great location and we really enjoyed our balcony. The view was great and as you said, not windy. Our daughter saw dolphins following the ship out of Miami from the balcony. I'm spoiled now. Not only do I need a balcony from now on, it has to be in the back!

Have a great time.

We are in # 11654 (HC cabin although we did not request) on the pearl mar/2, I too was wondering about the location,so far all responses have been good.Some people said you may hear early morning noise(chairs) from the outdoor cafe. Not a problem for me.

socsthecat - We were just assigned an aft mini-suite on Deck 11 as well for our upcoming cruise on the Pearl (sailing 4/11). I had similar concerns as well. I dont think it is a buffet above us on deck 12 but the "Great Outdoor Bar" which should be less noisy than an indoor buffet I would think. The thing that I wondered about was whether there would be noticeable exhaust fumes from the engines rising up to our balcony. From responses here it does not appear that that is much of a problem as some of these more experienced cruisers would have mentioned it, am I right?

If you're sailing on 2/16 we'll be neighbors! I'm psyched to be staying in an aft mini-suite on that deck! First time in an aft cabin for us! We selected it almost a year ago when we had our pick of accomodations.

We have next door accomodations with friends from our home town in Western Massachusetts. We each have teens travelling with us.

Enjoy your cruise!

The thing that I wondered about was whether there would be noticeable exhaust fumes from the engines rising up to our balcony. From responses here it does not appear that that is much of a problem as some of these more experienced cruisers would have mentioned it, am I right?

I think the "exhaust" fumes go through the funnel (smoke stack). Certainly no fumes of any sort on our deck 9 aft facing balcony.

calmac - I guess that question of mine highlights my own inexperience at cruising on these big ships. Been on a lot of small powered vessels with exhaust coming out aft, I just wasnt thinking...thanks for answering..

I think the "exhaust" fumes go through the funnel (smoke stack). Certainly no fumes of any sort on our deck 9 aft facing balcony.

Just the bakery "fumes" with the wonderful smell of freshly baking bread and rolls :D

I don't think there is a better AF or better deal in some cases then those aft cabins. View to die for, out of the wind and weather, protected from above.

I put my money where my mouth is and have booked one of the aft AFs for the Gem in Feb 2008. They are sold out already.

We are in # 11654 (HC cabin although we did not request) on the pearl mar/2, I too was wondering about the location,so far all responses have been good.Some people said you may hear early morning noise(chairs) from the outdoor cafe. Not a problem for me.

We're your neighbors, in 11152, 11154, 11156 and we LOVE those cabins. Had the exact same ones on our Jewel cruise last year. And Shoreguy is right, the bakery smells, especially the cookies, will drive you straight up to hunt for some goodies to eat! :D

We have been in an aft cabin our last 2 cruises and we absolutely love them . It's quiet, peaceful, and sitting on the balcony watching the endless wake is wonderful. We are cruising on the Jewel March 4 and we are in mini suite on total opposite end...as far forward as you can get (the first one!) We will have a real comparison after this trip and I betcha we would prefer to have an aft cabin. There were none available fo this trip or we would have grabbed it. I just hope we are not rocking and reeling too much. Aft cabins are the best! ENJOY!!

Any advice?

I just returned from the last Pearl 9 day and had 11154 it was great.

The only noise we ever heard from above was 1 night when they where cleaning they dragged a couple of chairs across the dack and it was 1 night out of 9.

As far as people peering down the ceiling comes right to the edge of the balcony so no they can't see on to your balcony from dack 12.

Great location 1 flight up and left your at the buffett right your at the great outdoors.

Hope this helps

3dblouder

Actually - I mis-typed, we are sailing on 2/11 on the Pearl. If you are on this cruise, we'll be neighbors.

Hi neighbor :)

We booked an "AF or better" cabin. When we got our tickets it had the aft cabin number on them (and on the luggage tags and in the cabin email address too), so have we got this cabin? Or might it get changed at check-in (which is when we were originally told our cabin would be assigned)?

Hi neighbor :)

We booked an "AF or better" cabin. When we got our tickets it had the aft cabin number on them (and on the luggage tags and in the cabin email address too), so have we got this cabin? Or might it get changed at check-in (which is when we were originally told our cabin would be assigned)?

Same here, got the cabin assignment in the cruise docs, luggage tags sent via e-mail. From what I understand after reading more of these threads, that question was addressed and it is apparently quite rare for the cabin to change now, unless you are offered an upgrade and you accept. Looks like we are pretty much locked in now to some pretty sweet aft cabins. We are very pleased with the cabin assignment and look forward to a great Valentines cruise

xtrail my husband and I are also booked in cabin 11654 april 22, for the 17 night panama canal cruise ending in vancouver. Wondering about the room too. We also didn't request the HC room but looking on NCL deck plans the suite looks almost twice the size of the mini suite next to it. So hopefully it will be nice and not needed for HC folks. I imagine if it is we will be moved. Please post how you liked the cabin after cruise if you will.

• 6 months later...
I just returned from the last Pearl 9 day and had 11154 it was great.

The only noise we ever heard from above was 1 night when they where cleaning they dragged a couple of chairs across the dack and it was 1 night out of 9.

As far as people peering down the ceiling comes right to the edge of the balcony so no they can't see on to your balcony from dack 12.

Great location 1 flight up and left your at the buffett right your at the great outdoors.

Hope this helps

3dblouder

Hello, 3dblouder! Do you have any pictures of mini-suite #11154 you could share? My brother & his wife have this cabin booked.

Thanks!

Archived