Galveston Transportation

Keith1010

For an upcoming cruise I'm going to need transportation from the Houston airport to the Pier in Galveston and then after we disembark the cruise ship from the pier back to the airport. Would like a private van or car. Could somone please give me some recommendations.

Thanks,

Keith

Thank you very much for responding to my Galveston question.

Did you share the van with others, or did you book a private van from them? Also, did you give them a time in advance to meet you at the cruise terminal for your transporation back to the airport or did you call them after you disembarked the ship.

Keith

we shared. booked with them by telephone and they picked up several others at the airport. It looked like they had several vans making trips back and forth. They will ask your flight info and tell you where to meet the van. We arrived the day before the cruise left and so they dropped us off at the hotel in Galveston. The next day we just took a cab to the ship.

We paid for round trip so they took the ship info and were there waiting for us when we got off of the ship.

It worked out very well and I will use them again.

Keith,

You might want to try this link Galveston Transportation I am planning my first Galveston cruise this December, so I can not tell you from experience, but depending on how many are traveling with you, a limo might be your most economical choice. Thre are 6 of us and I have booked with Extreme Elegance for a stretch limo round trip. Just last week I checked prices everywhere for a limo, and they had the best price. We are flying into Hobby the day before and staying at a hotel near the airport (Courtyard by Marriott) that has complimentary transportation to the hotel and then arranged for the limo pick-up the next morning. I read so many mixed reviews on the Galveston hotels and thought they were all overpriced so chose this route instead. Hope this helps.

Keith:

We stayed at a Comfort Inn in Galveston. Nothing fancy but I was just looking for someplace to spend the night andit was clean and comfortable. Nothing in Galveston is far from the cruise ships and there are a lot of hotels so check on the net for a deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived