~~ Help Plan Our Days In Los Angeles ~~

worfsmom

Six of us will be staying in L.A post cruise........ (Sept 05) how can I wow them with some fun stuff to do (other 4 have been there before).

Need an upper scale hotel, a car or limo, good restaurants, something neat to do................. Start my planning......... please.

How long will you be there?

Here are some suggestions:

Getty Center (art, architecture, a view, wonderful gardens and good food)

Universal Studios

Disneyland

Knotts Berry Farm (amusement park)

Queen Mary tour

Stroll along Venice Beach (check out the colorful locals)

Huntington Library and Gardens (Pasadena area, art, gardens, manuscripts)

Southwest Museum (Native American museum)

Museum of Tolerance

Farmer's Market

Attend a TV show filming (game shows usually)

Olvera Street (old Mexican style street, downtown LA)

Drive around with a star's home map and check out how the rich live in Beverly Hills

Cruise Rodeo drive (window shop)

Check out the foot and hand prints at the Mann's Chinese Theater (formerly Grummen's)

Here is a good resource site: http://www.latourist.com/

LA is very spread out, so you should decide what you want to do before you plan on where you want to stay. Most of the things to do are not in the port area. You must rent a car, and plan for delays due to lots of traffic 7 days/week.

I know you mentioned LA, but Orange County could be a good place to hang out for a few days. To me, coastal Orange County "feels" different than LA. Newport Beach, Laguna Beach have many upscale hotels, restaurants, shopping, beaches, piers, etc...

We got the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Long Beach for $55 on priceline in April 2004. The Rainbow Harbor is within walking distance for restaurants & shops. We are not from CA and were tourists before the cruise, so can't help with more info. Good Luck!

• 2 months later...

I agree with Little Grey. If time allows spend a night or two in Orange County. Huntington Beach is "surf city" and has a new Hyatt Regency. Newport and Laguna Beach are awesome places to visit with fabulous resorts. Some of the dining in these areas cannot be surpassed. Oh yeah...take a trip out to Catalina island. You can leave out of Long Beach/San Pedro or Newport Beach. Nice shops and restaurants and something a little "different".

Archived