Digital Memory Books

cruiserjanet

Has anyone ever done one of the digital Memory Books from an online company? For example, a friend just did one on Shutterfly where she uploaded her pictures, put together a book using their templates, etc. and they sent her the final book. I'm interested in something like that for our cruise but a few websites I checked didn't have cruise themes for backgrounds, just basic travel.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a link to the finished book! I really like this website, and if I like the book when it arrives, I will buy a 2nd copy. I have also used shutterfly and re-created my Wedding Album, and created a family vacation album.

http://preview.picaboo.com/Webview/CoverPage.aspx?album=000000000000B86AAB&user=000000000000206390

I LOVE your book!! Thank you so much for letting me see it. Wow!! I have favorited the website. It looks like it has more cruise-oriented backgrounds. I'm going to look at it further and will probably use it to do our upcoming cruise if not re-creating our last one.

I LOVE your book!! Thank you so much for letting me see it. Wow!! I have favorited the website. It looks like it has more cruise-oriented backgrounds. I'm going to look at it further and will probably use it to do our upcoming cruise if not re-creating our last one.

thank you so much for your comments,

I also found some coupon codes to use which saved me more than $10 for my 1st book. here is the code, let me know if it works;

1P50PO-CW (this should give you 50% of your 1st book)

or try this;

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/picaboo.com

Thank you so much for sharing. Your album came out great. Creative Memories also has a digital scrapbook feature which my agent wants me to try. I am still doing film photography and enjoy scrap booking my cruises vacations but it does take a long time to complete.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

The nice thing about scrapbooking is that you get to put in the stuff you collected. (I would try and spell the right word but I'm afraid I would get it wrong but I think you understand what I'm saying.) So it becomes more of a collector-type scrapbook because of that. I collect brochures from every port and I get a postcard. Plus I go on the websites of every port or place I visited and capture images and then run those through my Xyron and add those to my pages along with my pictures and my narratives. I definitely don't do scrapbooking like all of the magazines and books suggest. I'm a basic scrapper with emphasis on the word "scrap." The nice thing I'm discovering about the photo memory books is that it's easier to carry around and show people who might not want to look at all of the stuff that was collected. It's also hard bound and would look nice in any living room. I really like jamaica's book and will be trying to do my own with pictures from our last cruise.

Thanks everyone for your comments on the book;

I have a few tips when you start creating your digital book;

If you use picaboo or any other software, be careful in the layouts/templates you use. The more photos you put on each page the smaller the photos will be. Although you will use more pages, I think the pictures look better if they appear larger than smaller, especially with the special background pages you use. The two photo pages may look large enough, but there are several to choose from so the picture appears larger. I also use the shadow box feature on all the photos which also brings each picture closer to the eye.

If you decide to journal on your photo pages, the larger the font size the better someone viewing it can read it. I try and use 12-14 in font size. I especially love the way my Miami photos came out in panoramic view. This works great with digital photos, but not well with disposable pictures.

So far I have create 4 of these books, the best being picaboo, but now that shutterfly has enhanced their features, I will try them again too.

Let me know if you have any questions and I hope some of you will post your books here for viewing!

Jamaica, I absolutely loved your book from Picaboo. How expensive is Picaboo?

Right now I'm working on Shutterfly for my wedding photos. Love to see your recreation of your wedding album!

Judy

Thanks Judy,

Since I was a 1st time customer, i used a coupon for 50% off that I found online, which saved me about $19.00, otherwise the book would have been around $42.00. I would have paid the higher price, but that was a good deal.

It can get expensive, depending on the size of your book, and how many pages you have. I am currently working on a Photo Journal/Collage for my Husbands birthday. Its going to be expensive ($70-$80), but Its going to have at least 40 pages. I am going to have about 15 years of pictures in it, comprised of both 35mm and digital pictures.

My re-created wedding album was done at Shutterfly. I will try and post the link here so you can see it. I do like it, but all of the photos used were from a standard 35mm camera 13 years ago, so they are not as clear as the digital photos are in my cruise book. Shutterfly has enhanced their features recently and added new background pages, so I will probably use them again, but I really like picaboo. Their background pages are very nice and they have a very large volume of them.

Let me know if you have trouble viewing my wedding photo book.

Archived