Change to itineraries for forseable future

Hi All

Just got an email from my TA to say that all P&O cruises going to WALA will go to Champagne Bay instead.

"P & O cruises has been monitoring local unrest in Wala which unfortunately does not show signs of abating. Therefore, in the interest of passenger safety and enjoyment, we have revised your itinerary and itineraries for the forseable future."

Cheers Rach

LOL the natives really are restless! Wonder what P&O will do when the ships are scheduled to stop at Wala and Champagne Bay? Perhaps they'll swap Wala for Mystery Island? Could this possibly be why they stopped going to Lamen Bay? Maybe they'll go back now LOL!

We are scheduled to leave on the 8th December, on the Sun to stop at Wala and Champagne Bay.

Haven't heard anything from P&O about any changes yet.

With all the things happening with P&O they should advertise themselves as the mystery cruise liner.

They could even steal the old Northern Territory jingle.

"You'll never never know, where we'll ever ever go" (If we go):rolleyes:

Now I'm wishing we were supposed to go to Wala becaue we'd be going to Champgane Bay and I sooooooo love that place. Don't get me wrong, I loved Wala too but Champagne Bay is just......heaven.

Karen

We are scheduled to leave on the 8th December, on the Sun to stop at Wala and Champagne Bay.

Haven't heard anything from P&O about any changes yet.

With all the things happening with P&O they should advertise themselves as the mystery cruise liner.

They could even steal the old Northern Territory jingle.

"You'll never never know, where we'll ever ever go" (If we go):rolleyes:

Same goes for W801 (Pacific Dawn) & S801 (Sun Princess). I am waiting for my T\A to get back to me, but I think they may wait a month or 2 to see if the natives settle down first. Not much point coming up with a what if, if it doesn't eventuate.

Cheers

It's official, the TA called and Walla is canceled due to unrest, P & O are playing it safe.

They have even changed it on the P & O cruise site, N739 Oasis Cruise, on the listing as the map shows the old route.

Being done in reverse now.

We are going to the Isle Of Pines:D

I always wanted to go there.

Thanks P & O.

It's official, the TA called and Walla is canceled due to unrest, P & O are playing it safe.

They have even changed it on the P & O cruise site, N739 Oasis Cruise, on the listing as the map shows the old route.

Being done in reverse now.

We are going to the Isle Of Pines:D

I always wanted to go there.

Thanks P & O.

Glad they are planning that far ahead. I expected our T\A to come back with "TBA". Guess our T\A will have an answer when she gets back to me.

The itineraries for Pacific Dawn & Sun Princess New Years cruise also have Isle of Pines already. Pentecost looks close enough for Wala diversion. Guess we will wait & see.

Thanks for the update

Geoff

Those of you who are going to miss out on a visit to the lovely Wala might like to check out this slide show that I've just uploaded, of photos taken on our call there in June 2005.

There's also a video here. This isn't mine, but shows some of the dancing and things that can be seen in my photos. I'll look out the tape that has our Wala footage on it and do up a video during the week.

Kym

Archived