My Last Post as Host Doug

Dear All,

As you can probably see from the subject line, this is my last post as your Host.

It has been a pleasure "hosting" you for the past few years but unfortunately I just don't have the time any more to do the job properly, so I have had no choice but to resign.

Those of you who have been hoping that this is the last you'll see of me shouldn't celebrate quite yet - I'll still be around here, just as a "regular" member, not a Host. My new name is dougnewmanatsea and I'm sure you'll still see me around the Boards. If you read the editorial side of Cruise Critic (which I highly encourage) you'll also run into my articles as I have been fortunate enough to become a frequent contributor there as well.

Thanks to all of you for making this such a great ride!

Best,

Doug

Sorry to see you go Doug -- especially from this Board as you have much knowledge to share here -- this Board is special to me as when Cruise Critic was in its infancy, and was only part of aol, it was in answer to a question that I asked that the "What Ever Happened to ...." Board was created.

Again, good luck to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for a job well done as moderator. I recall your answering my frantic, night-before-the-cruise question about luggage and airports a few years ago. I really appreciated your timely response. I'm looking forward to your future contributions to the Editorial section and we'll see you around the boards.

Archived