Looking for anyone who's traveled to Nova Scotia in the past month

I'm looking for anyone who has traveled to Nova Scotia in the past month who can answer a few questions. Can anyone tell me what kind of weather I might expect between NY and Nova Scotia? Was it warm enough to use all the pools or just the enclosed pool? Is it comfortable enough to sit on the deck or is it cool and foggy?

I just returned from HAlifax/St John yesterday. We had rain in St. John when we first arrived but by about 10:30 it had stopped. Was foggy and misty but warmish... 68 degrees. The next day was Halifax...foggy/misty in the am but that soon cleared to beautiful sun.

Even though it was foggy/misty on sea days... the sun shone through..People were out on all pools.I saw many in just their bathing suits. I was taking my sweatshirt on and off...(probably just my middle age!) Many people I saw the last night had gotten burned to a crisp. Enjoy!

We were on the 6/27/04 sailing of VOS. The weather was normal 68-75deg in both Halifax and Saint John's. When we arrived in SJ it was beautiful. Further into the day around noon it clouded over and rained for about 20min. When we sailed out of SJ it was foggy through out the night into the morning. Arriving in Halifax it cleared up again. When we went to Peggy's Cove and the SwissAir 111 Memorial it clouded over again and was very cool. Back in Halifax it warmed up with sunny skys. THe return trip to NJ the weather was cool. We wore sweats throughout the day and evening.

Prepare for cool weather. Many hadn't and wound up buying sweats in SJ or on the ship.

Enjoy your cruise.

dave

Hello! We just returned from the August 8-13 VOS sailing. The weather was INCREDIBLE! On Monday, we sat on the deck and were burned! Tuesday and Wednesday were port days. Both days we began our excursions with light sweaters, but by our return to the shop we were in shorts and short sleeves! Thursaday, a sea day, we were again on deck with more of a suntan. Our daughter was in OC, Maryland the same week, and she was jealous of our tans!!! Hope your weather is just as wonderful!

Hey Coylemar from Macungie -- I agree whole heartly. We LOVED the weather. The kids even enjoyed the pool on the second day at sea -- thanks to the pool being heated so well as the air temp with wind was a bit cool, but very, very nice.

Though we packed wind breakers for everyone, on our days at sea, we never needed them. My son, who loves the cold weather wore shorts, my daughter, wore crop pants and I wore long pants -- though I do tend to get chilled easily. (Temp doesn't dictate what my strange though adorable husband wears) We all wore short sleeved shirts.

Archived