Cigars

buddysmom

Absolutely. Make sure you leave the band on them as that distinguishes the origin (to make sure they are not cuban). Go to the customs website to check quantities allowed.

I've been known to bring a few cubans back with me undeclared with no problems but obviously would not advise it. In saying that, I've also known some people to buy "cubans" but when I saw them and smoked one, I knew they were probably dominicans so don't always believe what you are told unless you go to a reputable smoke shop. Even though I think I know what I'm doing, doesn't mean that I have never been misled as well.

• 1 month later...

Customs allows a LOT of cigars at one time, with no cubans, of course. I don't remember the number, but it would take you a long time to smoke them yourself.

And the cruise line should have a list of shops they recommend. Depending on where you're going in the Bahamas, you should have no trouble finding what you're looking for.

Here's a link to Cigar Dave's website. You might find some useful info on there. DH is a big fan of his.

http://www.cigardave.com/

• 1 month later...

lots of folks try to smuggle cubans in, if you take the bands off, and only have a couple you can probably get thru with no issues. However, if you have a case of cubans and are stopped (Customs has compliance checks, and every now and then someone does get checked) they would seize them, destroy them and your name would be in their system, due to the seizure made and you would be forever tossed by customs every time you come in for the next few years. smoke them on board and as a previous posted notated, dominicans are just as good and are allowed.

I recently brought 5 cigars back from Mazatlan, and customs didn't even check for them...:) I don't think they really care....they're out to catch big time smugglers, not old guys with a few personal cigars....

Archived