First Timer Buffet Questions

RaggieMom

I will be going on my first cruise in April, 2008. It's the 4 night SOS Bahamas cruise. I am so excited. I read everything I can about cruising in general, RCI in particular - especially SOS. Now, I have read several stories of midnight buffets and chocolate buffets. Do they have these on SOS? If so, can you tell me a little about them?

Thanks so much for your help. I am learning so much on this forum!

The midnight buffet is actually a Caribbean Pool Party. It is up on the pool deck and it pretty cool, lots of pretty displays, good food and good entertainment. They always have it on the 3 night, so I am guessing they have it on the 4 night also. It usally starts around 11:45 or so if you want to get some pictures before eveyone digs into it.

Sovereign is a great ship, you will love her.

I don't know so much on the Pool party. What I would do is just make sure you are up there a little early. I have gotten some great pictures in past years before everyone started eating. They are setting up for probably an hour before it starts, so you should have time to get up there and get whatever pictures you want.

Have fun, we go again in Jan!

Thanks for the info. I have heard some ships let you take pictures before everyone "digs in". Does Sovereign do this?

On the 4 nighter, they do have a midnight chocolate buffet,where they do allow you to take pics first...........

The Caribbean Pool deck party is not like the buffet I think you are talking about.....that one is up on the pool deck(obviously:p ) and consists of burgers,Mexican food,cold cuts,roast pig,salads,fruits,desserts and more)......it is not as much a photo op as you are thinking about...

There is no midnight (inside--fancy) buffet on the 4 nighter..

Lucky you CRSRock! This will be my first and the more I read, the more excited I am getting. I just always thought of a crusie as being out on the ocean the whole time and not much to do but eat and lay around the pool. I am learning they are so much more. I am ready to start planning more right now. Now I just have to convince DH. He gets seasick (or did 20 years ago), so he says no to cruises. I am doing this one with a girlfriend who is retiring. It's her retirement gift and she's sharing it with me!

The pool party sounds fun and the chocolate buffet sounds marvelous! Can't wait for that one!

Buffets are there! It's a party thing for sure, whethere inside or out! So go and have a great time. I'm going AGAIN next weekend for my third time in two months! Karena1 has us all beat!

That's cuz I am lucky enough to have DH that loves the sand/sun as much as I do!! Honestly, if we did not have our entire family out of state, we would probably go even more!! We could care less that it goes to the same places - just take me back to the islands, it is the only place I want to go!!

That's cuz I am lucky enough to have DH that loves the sand/sun as much as I do!! Honestly, if we did not have our entire family out of state, we would probably go even more!! We could care less that it goes to the same places - just take me back to the islands, it is the only place I want to go!!

I agree........we have been to nassau at least 20+ times......but I dont care.......I'd go on the SS time and time again and will do the same with the Monarch...........have some catching up to on that ship........been on the MN twice.........SS-15 times!

Well let's just all get together. I'm game any time. I like cruising just to cruise. I'd take a cruise-to-nowhere if there was one. Can you imagine how cheap that would be? No port calls? The crew would probably get tired of working, and maybe some passengers would be bored of the water, but that's what sailing is all about. When you do a transatlantic, you're at sea ALOT. As you can see from my signature, I was in the Navy for 20 years, and my favourite time was when I was at sea. Sure it was very hard work, but that is the Navy. Got to see/sea (no pun intended) some great places! Sailing is in my blood.

OK RaggieMom, the only solution to not waiting til April is to book another cruise sooner! You can get some real good deals! Find some long weekend on your calendar and take a 3 night (Fri/Sat/Sun, return Mon morn), Or better yet, do a back-to-back on your cruise in April. Two cruises for a great price!

Archived