Time in Roatan

Yoli=)

I am trying to book an excursion with Shore Trips. My ship says it will dock at 11 am. What time should I get.

The times are as follows and the trip is 4.5 hours

10:30 am- Does this mean ship time or Roatan Time.....So confused.

1:30 pm

THank you

I am trying to book an excursion with Shore Trips. My ship says it will dock at 11 am. What time should I get.

THank you

As I recall Roatan had a two hour time difference from the ship. We also only had a 7 hour stay, 8:00 to 3:00. I'm pretty sure the times you listed would be ship times. If you booked the 10:30 excursion you would get back at 3:00.

This is the same excursion time we had. We did a beach break and could leave and return to the ship at any time, thus we were back in plenty of time.

With such a short time in port I would be leery of booking an excursion with a private party, but that's just me.

Have a great cruise. Oh and btw....Roatan is absolutely beautiful, you'll love it.

1/2 hour is that all you have to spare to take that excrusion? Seems like your ship is getting in rather late, we got in much earlier the time I was there.

Make sure you get to west end, its beautiful. The part by the port is poor, so you need to make sure you travel thru the sort of mountains to the other side.

THank you

When are you going? In November, Roatan was only 1 hour behind. We were on the Legend out of Tampa. We had an excursion booked through Shoretrips in Cozumel and the tour was local time. Call Shoretrips, they should be able to confirm for you.

What I read about Honduras is that they do not observe daylight savings time. If your ship stays on EST, Roatan will be 2 hours behind during these winter months. So the poster who said Roatan was 1 hour behind was probably there before DST.

p.s. I was confused too!

We were there in November (the 23rd) . Only one hour behind Tampa. I checked, double-checked and then triple-checked before we went. My biggest fear was watching the ship sail away!

We just returned from our cruise that stopped in Roatan and were there only from 11A to 5 P but still did the South Shore zip lines and a island tour with Diana and Cinthia with Roatan Cab Tours. They will work with you to get in what you want to do and still get you safetly back to the ship on time.

Archived