Pool and whirlpool lifts on RCCL

sunnyam

yes.

I'm not sure of your question. I mean no, i wouldn't guarantee you 100% that you will be able to use the pool or jacuzzi but they do have lifts and they do operate. The downside (as with all things mechanical) is that sometimes they are broken. Additionally you do have to ask the pool attendant for assistance (and sometimes they know how things operate and sometimes they don't, depending on how new they are). But yes, many people have used them and they are not "decorative".

Candy

• 1 month later...

Hi...I am an above the knee amputee and my husband and I went on the Brilliance of the Sea last Feb. partly because of the pool and hot tub lifts. They were not working anytime we were on the ship and no one seemed to know how to fix them. We also found that the pool and hot tub area was very crowded with people at all times and it would have been a bit uncomfortable to use the lift. As my arms a very strong (from using a w/c) I was able to sit on the edge of the pool and lower myself into the upper portion of the pool...there was a large area of water only 6-8 inches deep arround the main pool. When I wanted to get out of the pool I manovered myself to the stairs and lowered myself down until I could get into my w/c.

I never had any staff person ask if they could help me, but fortunately I did not need help to use the pool this way....and as the hot tub was always busy.. I did not use it at all. After reading about all the problems with public hot tubs I am glad I did not use it.

Our w/c room and the ship was amazingly accessible, but sadly not the pool or any of the shore excursions inspite of the accesiblity desk telling us other wise , they did however, refund all our money for the tours we scheduled prior to the trip...we sailed the Eastern carribbean.

Hope this helps Arlene

Archived