Splendor Anyone?

CruiserGuy1234

Very Cool! I've been looking for some Splendor pics! Is that the Spa deck? I hear that's the deck to be on but I wonder what the benefits are. As of now, we are on the Empress deck on the Splendor.

More info on the benefits of the spa staterooms can be found out at http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Spa_Stateroom

For their latest ship, you would think they could be a little more innovative. All they did was take the same old Conquest design and made it a whopping 3% larger. Just added a few more cabins and made a larger spa to sell their overpriced procedures. After seeing what other Cruise lines have been doing for some time, I think Carnival is way behind.

If you goto http://www.carnival.com/cms/static_templates/promos/splendor/splendor_media_gallery.aspx you can see some shots of the construction.

Starting at shot 26 you can see the full outside

Starting at shot 31 you get glimpses of the inside under construction

This ship will be awesome!......My group can't wait!....thanks for sharing!:D

I hope Carnival keeps things simple... I'd be VERY disappointed if they started adding skating rinks, shopping malls, rock climbing walls, etc. There are enough cruise lines out there where people can get just about any cruise they want... I'm looking forward to the Splendor, just a better version of the Conquest class, which makes me very happy :D

I hope Carnival keeps things simple... I'd be VERY disappointed if they started adding skating rinks, shopping malls, rock climbing walls, etc. There are enough cruise lines out there where people can get just about any cruise they want... I'm looking forward to the Splendor, just a better version of the Conquest class, which makes me very happy :D

Ditto.....I agree......I want a ship....not an amusement park....:eek: :D ...and if it ain't broke....don't fix it ;)

My that is appetizing! I wanted so badly to do the CC Spledor cruise that Randy is hosting but it falls at a bad time for us. I know that when pricing came out for it I wanted to jump on because it was such a great deal for one and a brand new ship for two but we just couldn't do it and it sucked! We will get to her at some point no matter what I have to do to get to her!

Ditto.....I agree......I want a ship....not an amusement park....:eek: :D ...and if it ain't broke....don't fix it ;)

Well if that were the case they would still be building "Holiday" class ships because they weren't broke.

Carnival is always improving, but they are much slower & cheaper than everyone else. Why would they are putting in movie screens, new pools, and putt-putt on all their ships, that are only a few years old. In fact Carnival is pretty much "copying" other CL's.

I don't particularly need a "ice rink, bowling ally, rock wall, boxing ring, or water park" but that is pretty creative.

What has Carnival come up with? "ping pong, cornhole, shuffle board, water-balloon war, ect". "pretty exciting"

i know where you are coming from. Carnival is a conservative corporation, they wait to see what does well and what doesnt. they will not be the first to have gimmicks or make the largest shipss because the risk of return is very high.

that being said sometimes less is more and keeping it simple is the best to help keep rates low and the value high.

i know where you are coming from. Carnival is a conservative corporation, they wait to see what does well and what doesnt. they will not be the first to have gimmicks or make the largest shipss because the risk of return is very high.

that being said sometimes less is more and keeping it simple is the best to help keep rates low and the value high.

I think you nailed it....but then again....that's why Carnival is the biggest....Very smart company.;)

BTW...love your saying in your signature....I totally agree!:D

Archived