Bon Voyage SD2 April 13 cruisers!

DisneyJen

Awww, thanks DJ! :)

I'll be posting frequently throughout the week.

maryella, safe travels to you all. Looking forward to meeting you onboard!

Your welcome Cammiem:D

Looking forward to your posts ... you know how we CCers love to live vicariously through SDers!

I certainly do! We are a strange, spoiled bunch. :D

Actually, would you be able to do a favor for me?

I forgot to get the recipe from Chef Tomasz for the Dover Sole ... it was the BEST fish dish I have EVER had.

DH and I were just talking about it ... he didn't get a chance to try it since I ate it so quickly:p Would you mind asking for the recipe and then posting it or sending it to me?

I am in serious SD withdraw right now!

Actually, would you be able to do a favor for me?

I forgot to get the recipe from Chef Tomasz for the Dover Sole ... it was the BEST fish dish I have EVER had.

DH and I were just talking about it ... he didn't get a chance to try it since I ate it so quickly:p Would you mind asking for the recipe and then posting it or sending it to me?

I am in serious SD withdraw right now!

I'd be delighted to. I'll scour the menu for it nightly, then be sure to ask our server for the recipe. Or, is there a better way to get the recipe? You are a more experienced SDer than I...;) :)

It's funny you mentioned how you ate the dover sole so quickly. My DH was amazed at how quickly I consumed my meals during our last voyage. He gave me a complex! :eek: Honestly, with a whole week of fabulous food every.single.meal, how can one not consume at record pace?

I can relate to the SD withdrawal. Talk to me post-disembarkation. That's when it's the worst.

We are considering your suggestion of hitting the Barbados Hilton prior to our 3pm flight. However, I seriously doubt the wait staff will treat me like a princess with an endless glass of champagne. :)

I'd be delighted to. I'll scour the menu for it nightly, then be sure to ask our server for the recipe. Or, is there a better way to get the recipe? You are a more experienced SDer than I...

It's funny you mentioned how you ate the dover sole so quickly. My DH was amazed at how quickly I consumed my meals during our last voyage. He gave me a complex! Honestly, with a whole week of fabulous food every.single.meal, how can one not consume at record pace?

I can relate to the SD withdrawal. Talk to me post-disembarkation. That's when it's the worst.

We are considering your suggestion of hitting the Barbados Hilton prior to our 3pm flight. However, I seriously doubt the wait staff will treat me like a princess with an endless glass of champagne. :)

You can ask your server or the maitre 'd for the recipe. Sometimes the chef himself will come around and you can ask him even if it is a night when it isn't on the menu.

I hear you on the rate at which meals are consumed:p

The Barbados Hilton is nice ... but you will definitely realize quite quickly that you aren't on SD anymore ... but trust me it sure as heck beats sitting at the airport:p Just take a cab, check your luggage in with Bell Services and head down to the Beach Bar/Restaurant.

Wishing you a wonderful trip to SJU ... throwing some pixie dust your way ... and don't forget the Princess tiara:D

Greetings from San Juan. The weather is beautiful! More beautiful, however, is the sight of SD1 & SD2 docked at Pier 1. Photo posted to my blog this morning. Link further up in this thread.

What in the world am I going to do for the next 4 hours?

More once we're onboard.

Greetings from San Juan. The weather is beautiful! More beautiful, however, is the sight of SD1 & SD2 docked at Pier 1. Photo posted to my blog this morning. Link further up in this thread.

What in the world am I going to do for the next 4 hours?

More once we're onboard.

Glad that you arrived safely in SJU and that the weather is great!

I can't find the link to your blog so may you please re-post it?

P.S. Found the link ... Thank!

DH and I are enjoying a Bloody Mary which I would recommend you do to pass the time until boading:p

I told you that this is the longest part of the trip:D:rolleyes::D

Glad that you arrived safely in SJU and that the weather is great!

I can't find the link to your blog so may you please re-post it?

P.S. Found the link ... Thank!

DH and I are enjoying a Bloody Mary which I would recommend you do to pass the time until boading:p

I told you that this is the longest part of the trip:D:rolleyes::D

Oops, my bad. I posted my last post here in the wrong thread. Must be the Puerta Rican air. That & my excited distracted mind.

I'll go ahead & post the blog link here, too, to prevent confusion.

www.camsfam.blogspot.com

And, yes, DJ, this is the longest part of the trip. Maybe I should get off this laptop & go find a mojito...one with fresh mint. :)

Oops, my bad. I posted my last post here in the wrong thread. Must be the Puerta Rican air. That & my excited distracted mind.

I'll go ahead & post the blog link here, too, to prevent confusion.

www.camsfam.blogspot.com

And, yes, DJ, this is the longest part of the trip. Maybe I should get off this laptop & go find a mojito...one with fresh mint. :)

ROFLMAO about the FRESH mint ... you may have to wait until you board the yacht! I laughed out loud when I read about the mojito!

Another wonderful drink, if you like mojitos, is a caipirinha ... our Brazilian friends introduced us to this Brazilian national drink. I like it better than a mojito! I know that the bartenders on SD1, especially Stuart, know how to make the perfect caipirinha!

Oh how I wish I was there either on SD1 or SD2!!

Davide will make you a perfect mojito at the Top of the Yacht Bar on SD2. It was better than the $20+ mojitos that we had in St. Bart's.

He makes a great capirinha too. And some fellow passengers coached me on how to say it. They said it's pronounced "cay-pah-REEN-ya".

Both these drinks require a lot of time to prepare, and Davide took the time. I love how they don't take shortcuts just because it's included in the price. Just the opposite, in fact.

Cammiem,

Your blog is off to a great start - I especially like the disclaimer under the top photo:D . You both look very happy to be in the Caribbean.

Enjoy your vacation - I'm anxiously awaiting your updates, especially with a cold start to the week on taps for us in the Southeast.

johnny

Archived