No luck with getting hotels in San Juan

tkt2cruz

Both Priceline and Hotwire San Juan hotels are notorious for not having decent prices on rooms until 28 days prior to check in. I got an Embassy Suites 3.5 star in San Juan for $83 recently that was not there 32 days beforehand. Sometimes the hotels do not release the rooms for sale any earlier than 30 days out.

I would also suggest that you go to a great site called http://www.betterbidding.com for some help. If you do book through Priceline or Hotwire, do post your results with http://www.betterbidding.com so that as a travel community, we all benefit. I have no relationship with this website other than thinking it is wonderful.

Good luck!

Depending on what you want, we planned a last minute cruise and it ended up being out of San Juan. We went on the website and found El Canario Inn. It was great. We are not as young as you all might be, and we had to walk to the 4th floor, but the room was lovely--service excellent, and we would do it again.

Don't bother with Priceline or the others--you can find your own. El Canario Inn was great, and we have referred other to that location. It was right next to a very large hotel, and yet we had better accommodations for a third of what the hotel had charged.

Just a suggestion.

Archived