Medical Information Form

Georji

It says I need it signed by my doctor ... is that for real? Then I have to fax or mail it in? Advise me please ... it seems a little nuts to have my doctor sign off on me going on a cruise. I guess if I need to I will! :)

THANKS! :)

Do you or a member of your family have a medical need/concern that DCL needs to be aware of while you are sailing?

When we sailed with my parents my dad had the form filled out because he was diabetic and had breathing problems.

i'm lactose intollerant, but not something I'd be worried about ... I just don't drink milk ... so if we don't have any medical conditions we don't need to fill those out?

If you feel your condition is warranted enough to fill out the medical form do so, otherwise there is no need to fill out the form. Some food items could be made with milk and if you prefer to stay away from them fill out the form and send it in and then once onboard your server will know about your condition and you can speak with your server and head server about what foods to avoid and such.

For lactose intolerance, I would NOT fill out the form. The form is made to make DCL aware of ANY special preparation or accomendations they need to do for you. I too am LI and do not fill out the form as there is nothing DCL can do for me. I just avoid dairy, just like I do in everyday life. Soy products are stocked on the ship and normally. At dinner you can get soy and rice icecream without any problems or prior notification. We do have to fill out the medical for for my kids. They have concerns DCL has to know about. My DD is anaphlaxitic to eggs, so her food has to be preparred seperate and we always make sure we are only at the table with friends, family or DISer friends who are aware. In order for this ti happen, we have to send in the form. The reason DCL asked for it to be singned by a doctor is so that they can make sure the request is not fabercated. A diabetic may need to eat at a certain time. Some medications have to be placed in the fridge, and DCL will provide a guest with one if needed. So you are fine without filling it out.;)

I was just kind of making light of my lactose intollerance (it truly does not affect my every day life, I just stay away from milk and heavy creams ... if I don't then it's likely that DH and my 2 DS's might throw me off the balcony) ... it would be silly to fill out that form. I was just confused as to if I didn't have any medical issues worth noting if I had to still turn it in ... I have no special needs ... well at least I keep trying to tell myself that! HA!

So just to be clear, if I have no special needs I don't need to submit the form?

Archived