My itinerary says that we will arrive in Grand Cayman at 8:00

smazerolle

In my experience, the times are generally plus or minus an hour. However, stuff happens.

We had a cruise where the ship had 3 medical emergencies that caused us to back track. It didn't cause any delays or missed ports but, it can happen.

If your concern is about shore excursions, don't worry. If it is a ship excursion, they will adjust as best possible to whatever happens.

If you arrange on your own, the operator will know that the ship is late and also adjust accordingly. They get paid when you take the excursion. If they leave without you - no pay.

IF my itinerary says we are arriving at 8:00 in Grand Cayman, what time will it actually be in Grand Cayman? Thank you.

Let's hope you cruise there after they are allowing ships back in. I've heard it could be Thanksgiving before they are ready for us.

-Monte

IF my itinerary says we are arriving at 8:00 in Grand Cayman, what time will it actually be in Grand Cayman? Thank you.

I may be misunderstanding the question, but I think the answer is 8:00, if you arrive on time. Grand Cayman time amounts to CST (they don't have daylight savings time). Your ship time may be something different.

You can check here for your specific ship (not updated for the IVAN cancelations):

http://www.caymanport.com/schedule_search.htm

I believe that arrival time is based on ship time, not land time.

Ships used to change their time back or forwards based on the time at their next port, but now most do not. Ship time now usually remains on the time at their home port unless you are on a repositioning cruise. Therefore the time on Grand Cayman will depend on what port you left from. It will probably be one hour behind ship time if you have left from Florida and the same as ship time if you leave from Texas.

The most important thing to remember is that the time your ship departs based on ship time, not shore time. So be sure to be back on time.

That is correct, as of October 31st the Cayman Islands will be on Eastern Standard Time, ship to shore time differences will depend on which ship you will be on at time of arrival. If departing from the US East Coast the time will be the same onboard as well as onshore. If you are departing from a Central US Port Cayman will be one hour behind Ship time. The above is just a "rule of thumb" some Ships change clocks to be on the same Ship-shore times. The key? The name of your ship is the only way to answer this one :p

I may be misunderstanding the question, but I think the answer is 8:00, if you arrive on time. Grand Cayman time amounts to CST (they don't have daylight savings time). Your ship time may be something different.

You can check here for your specific ship (not updated for the IVAN cancelations):

http://www.caymanport.com/schedule_search.htm

Opps. I meant EST. Year round. When Daylight savings time is in effect, the East Coast is on EDT.

I still think the link is a good bet for planning - it looks for the first half of the year or so, someone kept up with the actual arrival times for at least one ship I checked. Of course, the best bet is whatever they tell you on your ship as you are sailing.

Archived