Does anybody have any news of Capt Clint?

FranciscoFamily

Last year our group booked a snorkel/stingray city tour with Capt Clint and had the most fabulous time ever. It was certainly the highlight of our trip! I don't read much about Clint on here but we stumbled on him through some other phone number found on here. Anyway, Capt Clint was fabulous!

We were in the midst of booking again for this November when unfortunately the hurricane hit Grand Cayman. I've sent him an email since then but have received no reply. I don't know if parts of the island are still without power or if perhaps his computer may have been damaged in the storm. So, anyway, I wondered if anyone has heard from Capt Clinton Ebanks since the hurricane. We're hoping he and his boat avoided any damage. And we're also hoping we'll get to see him next month for another fabulous day !

Please post if you know anything, or perhaps if you just know about the power situation on the island.

Thanks!

Power:

http://help.stormcarib.com/read.php?f=14&t=5614&a=2

Thought I read Captain Clint retired, but maybe he thinks he is Cher...

CAPT. CLINTON EBANKS - Capt. Clinton began diving and working part-time with Bob Soto's Diving, Ltd. from the age of 10. He started his own dive business in 1978 called Clint Ebanks Scuba Cayman. Capt. Clinton retired in 200, having served the Cayman Islands diving industry for over 43 years.

http://www.sportdiver.com/article.jsp?ID=7468

Also think I have seen trip reports from 2004 with him.

Thought I read Captain Clint retired, but maybe he thinks he is Cher...

CAPT. CLINTON EBANKS - Capt. Clinton began diving and working part-time with Bob Soto's Diving, Ltd. from the age of 10. He started his own dive business in 1978 called Clint Ebanks Scuba Cayman. Capt. Clinton retired in 200, having served the Cayman Islands diving industry for over 43 years..

That must be a different Clint. The one I'm looking for isn't that old. I've heard that Ebanks is a very popular name on the island.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Archived