Restaurants on Freedom of the Seas: Embarkation

Toddcan

I'm positive have seen this question posted, and answered several times, but my search show no results for various key words, so I will try asking.

Speaking specifically of the Freedom, or Freedom class: I know the WJ is open on embarkation day, but what about the others? By embarkation "day", I mean from the time the ship lets us on until dinner time (5-6pm).

Also, Can I get a very brief idea of the other restaurants? I have just browsed through the RCI website, and I think this is how it was explained to me. Please correct any errors

Sorrento's: no charge for food, but is it open on embarkation day?

Johnny Rockets: $4.95 cover fee. Open embarkation day?

Jade: IS there a Jade on Freedom? Food: there is a charge. Open embarkation day?

Cafe Promenade: What is this? Is it like a food court? The RCI site mentioned Ben and Jerry's being here, so if you can explain a bit for me. Is there a cafe type restaurant? Is there a charge for food here? (I know Ben & Jerry's is a charge). Is this open on embarkation day?

Specialty restaurants: Chops, Portifino: Extra charge. Not open embarkation day

Main Dinning Room: No fee (except steak, but I dont want to go there). Traditional and My Time Dining available. Not open embarkation day.

Windjammer:Buffet style. No charge for food. Open on embarkation day

How far off am I?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I'm positive have seen this question posted, and answered several times, but my search show no results for various key words, so I will try asking.

Speaking specifically of the Freedom, or Freedom class: I know the WJ is open on embarkation day, but what about the others? By embarkation "day", I mean from the time the ship lets us on until dinner time (5-6pm).

Also, Can I get a very brief idea of the other restaurants? I have just browsed through the RCI website, and I think this is how it was explained to me. Please correct any errors

Sorrento's: no charge for food, but is it open on embarkation day? yes

Johnny Rockets: $4.95 cover fee. Open embarkation day? not for lunch

Jade: IS there a Jade on Freedom? Food: there is a charge. Open embarkation day? Jade is part of the Windjammer and is open during the same hours.

Cafe Promenade: What is this? Is it like a food court? Cafe' Promenade serves small deli sandwiches on rolls or croissants. In addition, they have cookies and other sweet treats. Regular coffee, tea and coco are also available at no additional charge. The RCI site mentioned Ben and Jerry's being here, so if you can explain a bit for me. Is there a cafe type restaurant? Is there a charge for food here? (I know Ben & Jerry's is a charge). Is this open on embarkation day?

Specialty restaurants: Chops, Portifino: Extra charge. Not open embarkation day Only for dinner

Main Dinning Room: No fee (except steak, but I dont want to go there). Traditional and My Time Dining available. Not open embarkation day.

Windjammer:Buffet style. No charge for food. Open on embarkation day yes

How far off am I?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

The only places open for lunch on embarkation day are the Windjammer, Sorrentos and the Cafe' Promenade.

No charge for Jade. On Freedom class, Ben & Jerry's is across the Royal Promenade from Cafe Promenade. Last month on Freedom, I also noticed that they were making small salads at Cafe Promenade and Sorrento's. I think Sorrento's had pannanis too, but maybe I dreamt that.

I'll just add that while Portofino and Chop's are not open when you board. They do have somebody there to make reservations and its a good time to do so. On my Freedom trip, they didn't offer, or I didn't see online reservations prior to departure, so we made a bee line and scheduled Chops. I've reserved ahead of time this cruise.

PS, The Windjammer was so crowded that afternoon they did open up Portofino and Chops for seating for those unable to find a table in the WJ

My sister and I were just on the Freedom. We decided to skip the crowds at Windjammer when we arrived on the ship and were waiting for our room to be ready. We went to Sorrento's. We were the first ones there. We sat and ate really good pizza and had the best little chocolate mousse. It was really nice to just sit and watch the people as they came in and were in awe of this big beautiful ship!

this is when we have always made our reservations...most if not all times are open and you can pretty much pick and choose times and dates at either of these fantastic eateries...in fact we will be doing this on sunday march 15th when we board the mariner of the sea's...

Thanks so much for your replies. This really clears things up for me.

Just to be sure: Cafe Promenade is a single restaurant, and not an "area" like a food court, correct? The comment on RCI website "Ben and Jerry's is located here" threw me off. Someone already posted that B&J is across from the Cafe, but I'm just wondering about the Cafe itself.

Oh.. and is the Cafe Promenade open for lunch on boarding day?

Depending on what time I board, we might just head for Sorrento's or the Cafe Promenade (if it's open).

Thanks!

Thanks so much for your replies. This really clears things up for me.

Just to be sure: Cafe Promenade is a single restaurant, and not an "area" like a food court, correct? The comment on RCI website "Ben and Jerry's is located here" threw me off. Someone already posted that B&J is across from the Cafe, but I'm just wondering about the Cafe itself.

Oh.. and is the Cafe Promenade open for lunch on boarding day?

Depending on what time I board, we might just head for Sorrento's or the Cafe Promenade (if it's open).

Thanks!

Cafe' Promenade is more of a cafe' than a full blown restaurant. Please re-read my response to you from last night. It is open for lunch on embarkation day. Following is a link to some pictures....

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2702821830060645516ZksdCd

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2834774920057125515vxJdGd

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2887348560052933061xUHqfN

Although the WJ tends to be busy for lunch on embarkation day I always thought the food was quite good especially on that day. I would not make a point of missing it as it is part of the excitement. The Cafe Promenade is not a full restaurant - although the food is good, I vision it as more a finger-food-sandwich-and-pastry shop.

Cafe' Promenade is more of a cafe' than a full blown restaurant. Please re-read my response to you from last night. It is open for lunch on embarkation day. Following is a link to some pictures....

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2702821830060645516ZksdCd

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2834774920057125515vxJdGd

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2887348560052933061xUHqfN

Ack! You did say that. Sorry, I was focusing only on the red text responses. My wife says I am a visual learner, so that threw me off.. lol.

Thanks! You've been a great help.

Archived