Moby Dick Tours

whiskeygirl

I had pretty much decided to book Capt Marvins until I saw this post and checked out the Moby Dick website...now I'm undecided. Both their tours look great as well as their boat but this is the first time I've seen them mentioned on cruise critic so I'd feel better reading some reviews before booking with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've sent a few e-mails to Moby Dick Tours and Mark has replied within a day each time. Apparently they've been in business just 4 months which is why you won't find much on cc (especially considering the port has been closed for a good part of that 4 months) but Mark seems very hardworking and I'm willing to give them a try for our cruise in January. He also mentioned that they have both a shower and bathroom on the boat which is a plus and he'll drop us off at 7-mile beach after the stingray city tour if we want.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this same question from a lady most recently who emailed me.

We have only been running for 4 months and are a new company. 'Moby' managed to survive Ivan and has been happily taking people out to SRC since Nov 1st. I seem to be getting more and more bookings through the internet but I do solicit at the dock for customers who haven't booked the Stingray experience on the boat. I personally crew the boat and meet customers. I'm the bald one (look like phil collins) on the web site. Having been in the Watersports industry for 12 years and worked on Cayman in the jewelery business for 5. I am back doing what I love most. Making people happy taking tours to the sandbar. The boat is brand new, spacious and we look forward to making your trip to Cayman an 'experience of a lifetime'.

I'm sure you will be seeing lot's of rave reviews for us in the future.

Sea's ya soon

Mark Button

Moby Dick Tours

Has anyone used Moby Dick Tours? They have a great Stingray City tour that also includes a stop at a rum factory and the Coral Reef.

We have also booked Moby Dick tours for our stop in the Caymans on December 17. Really looking forward to finally getting to the Caymans after missing this port on 2 other cruises due to tides and weather. We will report our findings when we return.

• 3 weeks later...

When I missed my tour with Soto's last Wednesday (12/8/04), I wentd with Mark right at the pier. These guys were awesome. We had a group of about 13, and they were a fun pair to go out to see stingrays with. Mark helped me hold the stingrays (was very patient when they kept swimming away from me!), and the other guy (I'm sorry, I forgot his name, but the one driving the boat with the curly hair) tried to coax an eel out of hiding so I could get a picture at the snorkel stop, and went down and took the picture for me when the little bugger refused to budge. He was pointing out all sorts of other things out for me as well. The punch they provided was delicious, and we had a great time singing, dancing, and waving at the stuffed boat full of the ship's tour on the way out.

I'm hoping to take DH out to the sandbar one of these days, and I'll definitely be using these guys again. They were a blast!

Meredith -

Thanks for posting your review of Moby Dick Tours - glad to hear you had such an awesome tour with them because my DH and I are booked with them next month. I've been anxiously waiting to read some reviews about them...sounds like they're starting out good!!:)

Meredith -

Thanks for posting your review of Moby Dick Tours - glad to hear you had such an awesome tour with them because my DH and I are booked with them next month. I've been anxiously waiting to read some reviews about them...sounds like they're starting out good!!:)

I'm going to try and get my pictures scanned in this weekend, the digital pics I should (hopefully) have up sometime tomorrow. They were great guys, you'll have a wonderful time!

Archived