Somebody educated...please make my decision

crsshiplover

Hi there, I am toying between two digital cameras. One is the Fuji FinePix S5000 for $225 or I was also looking at the Canon A85 for about $279. The Fuji is on closeout, the reason for the good price. I leave next week and want to buy a digital before I go. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I have a Canon Power Shot A60 & LOVE IT. I have taken some nice pics with it.

The thing I like about it is you can add extra lenses to it. I have a wide angle

and a telephoto lens. My camera is only a 2.0 mega pixel camera but you can

see it takes good pictures.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/203707680/203714829uFNaBF

I have a Canon Power Shot A60 & LOVE IT. I have taken some nice pics with it.

The thing I like about it is you can add extra lenses to it. I have a wide angle

and a telephoto lens. My camera is only a 2.0 mega pixel camera but you can

see it takes good pictures.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/203707680/203714829uFNaBF

Just browsing, and wanted you to know that I really enjoyed your photos!!!!! My next cruise is with Celebrity on the Summit (Panama Canal in March 2005) can't wait!!!!:D

H.A.,

Thanks for the compliments.

S.D.,

From the looks of the Canon A85, it looks just like my A60 so you should

be able to get extra lens' for it. The way they work is that it hooks on the

front over your lens. There is a ring that comes off & the adapter hooks

into the front of the camera, then whatever lens you want (tele or wide)

screw into that. I bought mine from e-bay & love it. I have printed out some

of my pictures to (believe it or not) 8 x 10 and hung them on a wall & so far

people do not believe it's from my camera. I actually have to show them

on my PC for them to believe it.

I hope this helps some.

Enjoy. :)

Oh I wish I had seen this thread after I got back from my last cruise. I have both a Canon A95 and Canon Digital Rebel and love both. I considered the A85 but decided on th A95 was more for me.

Most of the webshots pix in the Cruise Critics of the halloween... and the Caribbean Princess Oct 30-Nov 6 album were taken with the A95. See link in my signature.

CMJSR~

Where on EBAY did you buy your lens?? I have the Canon A80 and am looking to pick up a lens. Please let me know ASAP!

Thank you!

Jenny

Jenny,

Go to ebay and put in canon a80 lens.

It'll come up with a bunch of stuff.

Enjoy.

Ive had alot of canon cameras. I really like all of them

I started with the canon g2, now i have the g3. It is still a big bulky, so I bought a canon sd10 (size of my motorola v60i cell phone)

4 megapixel and super high quality pics.

here is a macro shot with my canon sd10

http://www.hawaii-one.com/images/personal/screw.JPG

and my car related site, these were all taken with the sd10

http://www.hondadynos.com/pictures/categories.php?cat_id=2&sessionid=072576f056009a43694130a1f5f31eb2

only thing is, sd10 has no optical zoom and a tiny flash. but its a compromise for size.

i woudl recomend anything canon :)

• 1 month later...
Oh I wish I had seen this thread after I got back from my last cruise. I have both a Canon A95 and Canon Digital Rebel and love both. I considered the A85 but decided on th A95 was more for me.

Most of the webshots pix in the Cruise Critics of the halloween... and the Caribbean Princess Oct 30-Nov 6 album were taken with the A95. See link in my signature.

I have been looking at the A85 and the A95. They seem nearly identical, but I heard that the red eye is worse on the A95. What made you pick one over the other?

Thanks!

Jen

prophotogirl...

I just went to my local store and played with both cameras and I have to say I was disappointed. Both took forever to actually shoot a picture after I pressed the button! Is there a setting that I missed? Otherwise I am thinking of the Fujifilm E550.

Thanks,

Jen

I've had no problem with it taking forever to take a picture (about a second). Maybe the batteries need changing? I picked the A95 just because it had more pixels (5 instead of 4 plus the screen folds out and turns). The only problem with red eye is when I shoot people from far distances (inside and with the flash on). As for up close (closer than 30 feet) no problems w/ red eye.

Prophotogirl

some nice compositions. But where is that breaching whale shot you were going to take for me?

Crsshiplvr

The Fuji was supposed to be a pretty nice camera. I looked at it when I bought my Oly C-750. Read that manual, get extra batteries and memory cards and shoot lots before you leave. Don't be afraid to take it off of auto.

Archived