Where to store valuables on tour?

Victorian

We are going on a Nativeway (Stingray City) shore excursions and I am reluctant to bring my passport, room key, and wallet unless there is some way to secure them on the tour boat while we are in the water. What is the experience of others when it comes to such matters?

There are many different styles available. The one I use is thin and worn around the neck. When I get in the water I just tuck it into my swimsuit so it doesn't float around. They have waist type ones also. I got mine at Academy Sports. I think some of the ships have them in theirs stores too.

We bought ours here at Cruise Critic for only $5 and the shipping was only $1.35!:) Our cruise ID card, a credit card, and some money fit into it perfectly. We wore it the whole time we were in the water and nothing ever got wet.:D

Whenever you leave ship, you MUST bring "Cruise ID card" -- it's used to get you off & get you back on -- your photo is embedded into the card & it's the security! So you MUST carry it, plus at least a few dollars for tips & a credit card!!

• 2 weeks later...

I wear prescription glasses, but don't wear them while snorkeling. If you have a bulky item like this, or just want to carry around a lot of stuff (!), consider a water-tight plastic case. I got one at Sport Chalet, in their dive equipment area, for about $15. It's about 4x6x2". I just put it on my wrist while snorkeling or in the surf. Snaps shut securely, padded inside, good, water-tight gasket keeps everything dry. Just another alternative to consider.

Archived