Good thing or not

Well we had our day vist on sprirt today:D and booked a cruise in

oct on celebration, i have to agree after having been on celebrity, po,rci azamra it hasnt got wow factor, but ive booked for the ports :):) so any one else doing a cruise in oct 2010 dont be shy :cool:

You've booked for the ports, which is fine, I don't know what your itinery is, but in the western med Thomsons ships usually dock far nearer the main towns than the large ships, so that may be a good point too!

Be honest, when you visited today, you looked around and thought "I've been on much better ships than this, it's probably the worst I've seen" and if you were a day tripper on your hols you wouldn't have been impressed by what you saw would you? because you didn't get the overall experience in the few hours you were on board and normally it would probably have detered you from booking, or am I wrong?

Yet when you return from your trip next year, you'll think what a lovely holiday we had, the service was the best we've had, the entertainment was the best we've seen and the atmosphere is much much better than the more "upmarket" ships

You've booked for the ports, which is fine, I don't know what your itinery is, but in the western med Thomsons ships usually dock far nearer the main towns than the large ships, so that may be a good point too!

Be honest, when you visited today, you looked around and thought "I've been on much better ships than this, it's probably the worst I've seen" and if you were a day tripper on your hols you wouldn't have been impressed by what you saw would you? because you didn't get the overall experience in the few hours you were on board and normally it would probably have detered you from booking, or am I wrong?

Yet when you return from your trip next year, you'll think what a lovely holiday we had, the service was the best we've had, the entertainment was the best we've seen and the atmosphere is much much better than the more "upmarket" ships

Hi Rosebaskets

I posted a reply to you and Kruzseeker yesterday but for some reason it did not come up on the main board. It is the one before Gosports latest.

Loved your comments above and totally agree with you.:)

I hope Gosport enjoys his cruise on the Celebration next year.:)

Yes you are correct the tours would not give a good 1st impression,they would do far better doing taster cruises from southampton/liverpool or newcastle even harwich.

We have booked for the red sea magic cruise which is going from turkey to eygpt,we really want to see Petra and pyramids so it fits the bill as for smaller ships azamara is only 700 pax sorry to come across a bit abrubt :):):)

Hello Gosport, my mum and dad live in Alverstoke, they went on Destiny last December having previously sailed on P&O Arcadia (Caribbean and Baltics) and Oceana (Mediterranean). Booked on P&O Ventura for Christmas and New Year in the Caribbean, and on Celebration next June for Greece and Turkey. Both cruise lines have their good points, main factor for us is the itinerary and of course on Thomson the free A.I. is a BIG plus!!

Carol x

Thanks Mary, I do my best! All true, (I've seen photographs on here of someone who pulled the bed out from against a wall to complain that the cabins were dirty... and all I could see on the photo were a couple of hairs and a piece of fluff! ... some people!!!)

Gosport11, glad you booked as I know you will enjoy it far better when aboard a few days. Posts sometimes don't come accross as they are meant to (goodness only knows my foots in my mouth more often than not) but glad you have cleared the air and I hope Mary reads your last post and accepts your comments. This forum is full of nice folks and we don't want any upset, especially as some of are extremely delicate.

I hope this doesn't sound patronising, well if it does I don't mean to. Oh there I go again digging that hole.... I think I should stop now:confused:

dont worry scary mary were all entitled to our veiws and i think yours was a good point.i think probably best to wait and see how it works out before making up our minds.what about us cruisers being able to have a tour of thomsons hotels and apartments in case we may want a week ashore after a week at sea?. may work both ways! ade.

Thanks Mary, I do my best! All true, (I've seen photographs on here of someone who pulled the bed out from against a wall to complain that the cabins were dirty... and all I could see on the photo were a couple of hairs and a piece of fluff! ... some people!!!)

Gosport11, glad you booked as I know you will enjoy it far better when aboard a few days. Posts sometimes don't come accross as they are meant to (goodness only knows my foots in my mouth more often than not) but glad you have cleared the air and I hope Mary reads your last post and accepts your comments. This forum is full of nice folks and we don't want any upset, especially as some of are extremely delicate.

I hope this doesn't sound patronising, well if it does I don't mean to. Oh there I go again digging that hole.... I think I should stop now:confused:

Hi Rosebaskets

Me again. Know what you mean about posts coming across dif. it's same as texting if you read it back it often sounds abrupt. Yes I have read Gosport11 last post and all ok:):):)

I don't know if you meant it was me that was extremely delicate:) but I LIKE IT. I've never been called delicate before:) Don't think my family will agree with you though.

Archived