Silver Spirit Blog is Now OnLine

Steve Tucker

Dear Mr Tucker:

If it is not already the case (difficult to decipher from the drawings), please suggest to the shipbuilder (while it may still be relatively easy to modify before the die is cast) that they leave an openable door between La Terrazza and the Supper Club. This may well become necessary (especially on rainy, windy days when passengers cannot sit outside) during breakfast and lunch hours when there is a rush and the smallish looking La Terrazza may not be able to handle the traffic, resulting in a bottleneck.

The Supper Club should be used as an extension to La Terrazza during breakfast and lunch hours. Hope this suggestion helps.

---------------------------

Since we are only anonymous cyber cats with the lowest category of membership, we hope some of you, who agree with the above "constructive" suggestion will forward it to those in charge at Silversea for the benefit for all .. meow!

Meow, am only a loyal former Soldier..but did send your suggestion

to Frank Sansone (Guest Relations mgr), Christain Saleau (VP of Fleet Ops),

Ken Watson (COO) and Brad Ball (media Relations)..hope this helps.

There is a blurb on everything, as Meow mentioned. The first pic is the lobby, and most everything else is a silver suite.

The video runs with a scrolling thing across the bottom that talks about the restaurant. I played it twice, once to listen to the speaker and once to read along the bottom, as the verbage displayed is different from the "talkie".

So from this, he said there would be all the sushi and sashimi you want at lunch, and at dinner he mentioned courses based on traditional Japanese dining (though he called it Asian fusion) and mentioned scallops with caviar and sea bass sashimi. He also said the signature dish would be kobe beef.

The commentary at the bottom mentioned the lunch bento boxes and mentioned that (at night) they would have a 9 course degustation menu available.

We are sold!!! Booked a Silver Suite 1007 on the Nov 22nd cruise 2010. FL to FL. The price was right-- 60% discount plus $200 additional for the free air fare we aren't going to use. The choice was between the SS Spirit and the new SB Sojourn. The Spirit won by a mile--the price of the Silver Suite (749 sq ft) was about the same as a V2(350 sq ft) on th e Sojourn--this was a no brainer!! Don

1007 is our suite for the 3 Jan cruise, so I'll give you an eval when we get back from the cruise. I don't mess with the computer or the news when I'm on a cruise; just enjoy. And thanks to all for the blog advice. I normally use Netscape as a browser and it showed the pictures, but not the verbage. When I use Explorer it comes up with everything.

Doug, I am glad you were able to see everything. I hope you all can get some pics of the Silver suite. I don't know if we are going to get around in time to see open suites on 12/23 since I imagine everyone wll be excited and gungho all over the ship. Those silver pics look great, don't they?

I was glad they explained the mirror TVs in the verandahs/vistas since so many of us wondered about the TV in the glass case.

I was glad they explained the mirror TVs in the verandahs/vistas since so many of us wondered about the TV in the glass case.
Has anyone actually used a "mirror TV"? Are the images sharp and vivid, without "reflective ghosts"? Also, just cruious, do silver suites have bidets, in the drawings there seem to be, but in the pictures, they show wash basins instead of bidets. We are so glad that you offer to answer questions on your inaugural voyage. Kindly reserve a "cyber questions box" for us cats, we will surely post on this board .. meow!

Somehow we are having trouble viewing that blog video. Since we have wide band internet, I kind of think that the server is having problem sending the signal fast enough to keep up with the playing. Any comment from the internet experts among you?

Archived