Dubrovnik and St Paul de Vence tours

Shay123

Hi Everyone,

We leave in one week for our Insignia Rome - Venice cruise. I have only two shore excursions booked. One is Scenic St Paul de Vence and the other is Dubrovnik and the Croatian Riviera. We are active and I prefer to do most things on our own but I thought it would be nice to have a few guided tours.

Has anyone done one of these tours through Oceania? I want to be sure we have time to walk the wall in Dubrovnik after the excursion. I've called Oceania several times and they still can't tell me what time the tours will begin. I'm assuming most of them are in the morning.

If anyone has any experience with these tours, I would really appreciate some feedback. If there are any excursions you would recommend, I would love to know about them too.

Thank you again!

Shay

Hi! Two years ago we did the Dubrovnik & Croatian Riviera Tour (5 hours) with Oceania. Members on our tour did walk the wall, although we did not. I think we had at least an hour to hour and a half of free time after the walking tour in Dubrovnik. As I recall, we even got back to the bus early because we had so much time.

Suze

Hi Everyone,

We leave in one week for our Insignia Rome - Venice cruise. I have only two shore excursions booked. One is Scenic St Paul de Vence and the other is Dubrovnik and the Croatian Riviera. We are active and I prefer to do most things on our own but I thought it would be nice to have a few guided tours.

Has anyone done one of these tours through Oceania? I want to be sure we have time to walk the wall in Dubrovnik after the excursion. I've called Oceania several times and they still can't tell me what time the tours will begin. I'm assuming most of them are in the morning.

If anyone has any experience with these tours, I would really appreciate some feedback. If there are any excursions you would recommend, I would love to know about them too.

Thank you again!

Shay

Shay,

I am doing a Europe Cruise with "O" nest year.

I am curious what the rates are for the excursions.

If you don't mind, can you tell me what the costs are ?

Thanks, Tim

We did Dubrovnik on our own using Rick Steve's guide. Very easy to navigate and very enjoyable. Visited the synagogue as well. Even thought of a short cruise ride while there, but chose not to. The Oceania tours were very expensive and I'm not sure what you would have seen or heard that you couldn't do on your own. The only exception is if you wanted to drive out of town for the panoramic view or seeing other towns.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you again!

Shay

Dubrovnik. Oceania excursions are extremely expensive. For Dubrovnik you definitely do NOT need to book a cruise excursion. The vessels are in the harbour and for 10 KRK loacal Croation currency you have a Libertas bus taking you in a few minutes to the City Center of Dubrovnik which is in fact small.

You enter the city gate and you have direct access at you left to the walls. They are wonderfull. You will need 2 hours to accomplish a full tour, and afterwards you will still have enough time to to main street and a lot of other places in Dubrovnik.

St Paul de Vence is a bit different

. It is not far but you will need public transportation.

Note regarding Dubrovnik. Normally Oceania would be in the port area. However some cruise ships are achoring in front of the old City of Dubrovnik. In this case it is even easier as the tender will arrive in the old port of Dubrovnik in the city center. In that case when arriving you walk to the first access of the city walls and you are only paying the entrance fee.

Archived