Beach/snorkel suggestions needed for St Vincent

Kittycat

Can anyone suggest a nice beach, not too far from the port where we can snorkel from the beach and spend the day just chilling out. Our cruise is very port intensive and whilst it's good to see lots of the historical aspects of the islands, we are needing to pace ourselves, so any suggestions would be much appreciated. It doesn't seem to be a very popular port of call and so not too much info is available on this board, so we need all the help we can get.

Is it best to do a boat trip then? We did look at the botanical gardens which would be nice, but we do enjoy the beach but we wanted to try to find at least a couple of ports where we didn't spend too much - any suggestions?

The beaches I have seen on St. Vincent are mostly accessible by boat, so a tour would be in order. Also keep in mind that most are black sand beaches, not the beautiful white sand you will see in other parts of the Caribbean. The snorkeling is pretty good though.

We have always taken the same tour when we visit St. Vincent with Wayne Halbich, here is his website: http://whalbich.googlepages.com/home Unless you are looking to book a private tour, he requires a minimum number for this tour. What we usually do is get with others on our roll call and have others join us. I am sure there are other tours out there, but we stick with this one as it has always been the best with a combination of the best things (water related) on the island, including lunch at the Pirates of the Caribbean movie set. Best of Luck, I hope you find a tour that suits your needs. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add a bit to this. I have been told by a friend that there is a beach, accessible by water taxi, from the pier the ship docks at. I have never seen it before, but they swear to me there is one. Whether there is any decent snorkeling there, I have no idea.

But I would check into the water taxi and I would bet they would know for sure.

Have a great cruise!

Archived