Thanksgiving cruise.

peiaigol524

Will cruise on a holiday like Thanksgiving drop anymore in prices? Just wondering as never sailed on a holiday before..it's at 6 hundred something now for oceanview. I curious to know from advance cruisers.

The price for my 11/20 Miracle cruise has dropped three times since final payment was due on 8/23. We were notifid of the drops by a cruise fare tracking site and contacted our TA to get the scoop. We've received two credits and a two category cabin upgrade. I find you really need a travel agent to check prices for you. They can see things that the general public can't.

Will cruise on a holiday like Thanksgiving drop anymore in prices? Just wondering as never sailed on a holiday before..it's at 6 hundred something now for oceanview. I curious to know from advance cruisers.

Are you going on the Dream? I am sailing on the Dream 11/23/09 out of NY and have a balconey. The price has dropped for me $500 and I have been upgraded one more deck. Can hardly wait to sail.

Kruise Dog

I book a 1A and they go quickly. Once they're gone I don't have anything to compare my price to. The insides and OVs rarely get below what I pay for the 1A, especially for a solo.

FWIW on my Princess Thanksgiving cruise last year, I had an OV and the price did go down at one point, but the TA wouldn't give me a price adjustment or OBC. Of course, Princess wouldn't deal with me at all, as is the norm. It was after final payment and I was in penalty phase. Last time I use a TA.

It is not often holiday cruises drop in prices. Mine keeps going on up in price. Also if you are not under the ES program, they no longer offer OBC for price drops after final payment due date.

Dave[/quote

Whether or not a holiday cruise fare goes down depends on how well the ship is selling out. If the ship is not full the price usually starts to fall around the time final payments are due. This is when people sometimes change their minds and the cruiseline has a clearer picture of how many open cabins there will be. Which is why they will bump guests up to the more expensive cabins for free or for a nominal fee, so they can sell out the cheaper cabins by offering deals.

Although you can no longer get an OBC after final payment it is possible to get an upgrade.

The prices usually always drop over Thanksgiving the closer it gets. I'm on the Carnival Dream over Thanksgiving and over the past 3 weeks I saved $250.00 from price drops. Last year the RCCL Independence of the Seas went for 399.00 pp for a 6 night over Thanksgiving. The longer you wait the better. The best deals are when you are within 75 days of the sail date.

Archived