Miami - have a few ??

PittsburghGirlee

First of all;);)...thanks to all that will respond as I am sure these questions have been asked prior:

I am cruising in May 2010 out of Miami. There are few flights that are non-stop into MIA. FLL has non-stop and are more reasonablly priced.

How far is the drive from FLL to Miami?

What is cab/shuttle fare?

Is rental car a better option?

Looking for a hotel around $100.00 with a nice pool with walkin distance to restaurants that has shuttle to the port.

FLL to downtown Miami is 35-45 minutes except longer during rush hour, rain, or if there's an accident.

Rental car is a great option and gives you the ability to explore much more of the area. Otherwise most on here use SAS shuttles... http://ridesas.com/

You do not want to take a taxi from FLL to Miami, it would be very expensive. I believe SAS charges about $15 per person.

No decent hotels have shuttles to the Port of Miami, you'll need a taxi, very cheap from the downtown hotels. A shuttle is never a reason to book a hotel, they're frequently more hassle than they're worth and taxis are cheap and easy.

Unless you bid on Priceline it's unlikely you're going to get much for $100/night, especially with a nice pool. Cheapest is Holiday Inn downtown/Port of Miami, across the street from Bayside Marketplace where you can find some restaurants.

Archived